new depth chart for UVA

True. If Donaldson fat *** would have gotten in shape he could have been a guard and Scaife at center. IMO Donaldson not dedicated to football. He's probably has an eating disorder.
I wouldnt have put Donaldson at G in the first place. He is a tackle for me.

Advertisement
Until I actually see underclassmen WRs starting over and getting more snaps than upperclassmen WRs, I'm not going to fall in love with a depth chart that has a few "ORs" on it. I'll wait to see how the snaps actually break down on Saturday. But for now, I'm sticking with "transparent motivational tool" until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
Never understood why Pope isn't in the slot. He might shake a OLB or Safety. Might.
The more I think about it, the more I think Pope is NOT a slot. He lacks wiggle and doesn't work the field well.

There needs to be more rubs and crossing routes where he can catch the ball while already moving horizontally, and hopefully hit a crease or get the edge. I don't think he has shaken anyone in 3 years, so I am not expecting it now.

Seems like no matter who the OC is, we don't run these types of routes. This year, I think it at least partially has to be attributed to King's height (lol at 5'11 in the media guide). Brees was the goat at finding throwing lanes. Russ is Russ. Kyler is taller and more accurate in general. 5'9 guys just aren't gonna work the middle of the field well, generally speaking.

I knew this was coming. Go look at the post game interview with Lashlee. Someone asked him about the receivers... he rolled his eyes and looked like he was gonna puke in disgust. He didn't say anything, but sometimes you don't have to.

I'm thinking the reason we're making changes on offense to the WR is because that's Lashlee's show. I don't think that's a Diaz decision at all.

Advertisement
The more I think about it, the more I think Pope is NOT a slot. He lacks wiggle and doesn't work the field well.

There needs to be more rubs and crossing routes where he can catch the ball while already moving horizontally, and hopefully hit a crease or get the edge. I don't think he has shaken anyone in 3 years, so I am not expecting it now.

Seems like no matter who the OC is, we don't run these types of routes. This year, I think it at least partially has to be attributed to King's height (lol at 5'11 in the media guide). Brees was the goat at finding throwing lanes. Russ is Russ. Kyler is taller and more accurate in general. 5'9 guys just aren't gonna work the middle of the field well, generally speaking.
Spot on. All of this. Post more. 👍🏻

Half way through the season. Whichever WR’s step up this game is gone ride out the rest of the season as a starter.

Pope, Harley, and Wiggins has 5 games to prove themselves and they disappointed. They either gone ball out now knowing there is competition or they going in the tank. I’m going with the latter.

I think Smith, Redding, and Resperto going to make plays given the opportunity knowing this is their shot to shine.

Advertisement
I knew this was coming. Go look at the post game interview with Lashlee. Someone asked him about the receivers... he rolled his eyes and looked like he was gonna puke in disgust. He didn't say anything, but sometimes you don't have to.

I'm thinking the reason we're making changes on offense to the WR is because that's Lashlee's show. I don't think that's a Diaz decision at all.

its been said diaz gives his coordinators autonomy, which isnt a bad thing.

Advertisement
Hopefully it's not a bunch of "Oh, now I see why he's been riding the bench."

Gaynor has played well to me. There is always some initial knockback because he has to snap the ball, but he is strong and can recover.

The bigger issue has been guard. Clark is really a center, and Scaife may be college tackle/pro center. We need more strength there.

Gaynor got abused last week. Solid until then but he was exposed badly.

Advertisement
Back