New Commitment - Sam Coufal?

Advertisement
It’s pretty much a guaranteed walk-on position. He’ll have to pay tuition and won’t count against the scholarship limit but he won’t have to “try out” to get a walk-on position
Thanks

I remember right b4 my ex graduated, there was this walk on at SC that came on the scene as a student first, athlete 2nd. All he was used for was ST, scout, & reserve roles, b4 becoming a star.

Dude’s name was Clay Matthews. Now, no, I’m not saying this guy will be the next JJ Watt or Clay Matthews, BUT Zo was there during the height of Clay’s production. In year’s past, I would’ve scoffed at this type of an offer, but w/ Zo & Mario’s evals, I’m intrigued by this PWO.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember right b4 my ex graduated, there was this walk on at SC that came on the scene as a student first, athlete 2nd. All he was used for was ST, scout, & reserve roles, b4 becaming a star.

Dude’s name was Clay Matthews. Now, no, I’m not saying this guy will be the next JJ Watt or Clay Matthews, BUT Zo was there during the height of Clay’s production. In year’s past, I would’ve scoffed at this type of an offer, but w/ Zo & Mario’s evals, I’m intrigued by this PWO.
Good point

I remember right b4 my ex graduated, there was this walk on at SC that came on the scene as a student first, athlete 2nd. All he was used for was ST, scout, & reserve roles, b4 becaming a star.

Let's hope this kid uses steroids like Clay too.

I understand CIS is CIS so we're going to clown around and crack jokes, but dudes like this coming as PWOs is like when your abuela puts a bunch of scratch off lotto tickets in your birthday card. It's a free chance to bank. Doesn't cost us an IC, doesn't count against the 85, and every year there's some former walk on somewhere in college football killing it.

Uphill battle at UM because of the cost of tuition, but I'll welcome PWOs paying their own way and coming in to work every time. And like you said, with Zo and Mario scouting these guys, the odds on the scratch off look a little better than they have in a while.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
But can he play DT?
First full season with JV. Started at SDE, NT. also center. Kid had 6 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT, 12 TFL in 6 games . We'll see . He'll be built like a Bosa if it keeps going this way. Lean, broad, long legs. Kids shoe size is 13, hands are bigger than mine(no small hands jokes) . I live in Lakeland, after next year I would like to move him to Lakeland highschool. Small charter now, but you can play 7th on with JV or varsity. Competition isn't bad at all. But he'll need exposure.

Advertisement
Back