NEW Commit!!

Advertisement
Desmond Phillips?? He was at practice today.

Desmond Phillips ‏@__10Reasons 2h2 hours ago
Going to watch the ���� practice

Its Phillips! Welcome to the U!

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 6s7 seconds ago
Three-star WR Desmond Phillips of Miami Jackson HS commits to Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is he any good?

Speed demon. QB that is going to convert to WR.

I've said before I don't like taking commits with no HC in place, but the 2 we have got, I like as players, I can't lie about that.

Advertisement
This might be the first time I can recall a team without a coach get multiple new commits. Is Butch behind the scenes making these moves?

getting commits without a head coach
Its Miami.... *** a coach. Some dudes just want to wear the U. Of course you have to earn it, but you get my point. This generation earliest memories of football is probably watching ST, Portis, Willis, Gore, Dre, Shock, Winslow, Reed, Hester, Vilma, etc tear it up in their backyard...and if they didn't get a chance to see them in college, i can promise you they idolized alot of those guys in the NFL

Advertisement
BOOM!!...

big time commit...The kid is electric with the ball...Legit speedster...we need more speed every where....he is a 4.5 below kid ocming in.

Welcome to the U.....

It was..between him or Tyler Huntley at Hallandale as QB..to Wr converts that i wanted us to get...Utah snatched up Huntley.....

Realize this is a kid that you take regardless...look at Winky Flowers looking solid for USF...and this kid was on par with him...but a kid willing to switch positions, and a track kid. This is a kid that is security for it Bruce leaves....as he can play the same role.

this is just odd

not really ...think he got the offer when Golden still was the coach...they were recruiting him previously anyway....

He finally committed..you got to take imo....there will be attrittion and our wr class has 3 shaky commits as is.

Agree. The bottom seems to be falling out of our WR class. No one knows what the heck is going on with DMullins, it will be a fight to the finish to get ARichards back, Bruce is talking a good game but who knows whats really in his heart. We need playmakers bad.

Only thing is will the next coach honor a commit like this if they think they can get bigger fish to become interested. A guy like this is a Butch Davis special.

Advertisement
Agree. The bottom seems to be falling out of our WR class. No one knows what the heck is going on with DMullins, it will be a fight to the finish to get ARichards back, Bruce is talking a good game but who knows whats really in his heart. We need playmakers bad.

Only thing is will the next coach honor a commit like this if they think they can get bigger fish to become interested. A guy like this is a Butch Davis special.

Butch type of recruit.....He's a recruit you likely have to honor...this isnt some scrub type...this is an all dade level recruit that if you dont honor will cause ruffles imo...

He i dont think was a back up plan kid...he was a kid that would be in the class regardless of what the other wr's did.

You still take his commitment and I'd the coaches aren't gonna keep him later they'll let him know. Kids really talented so a good choice should see the upside Phillips can bring

BOOM!!...

big time commit...The kid is electric with the ball...Legit speedster...we need more speed every where....he is a 4.5 below kid ocming in.

Welcome to the U.....

It was..between him or Tyler Huntley at Hallandale as QB..to Wr converts that i wanted us to get...Utah snatched up Huntley.....

Realize this is a kid that you take regardless...look at Winky Flowers looking solid for USF...and this kid was on par with him...but a kid willing to switch positions, and a track kid. This is a kid that is security for it Bruce leaves....as he can play the same role.

You don't think Huntley can play QB?

BOOM!!...

Welcome to the U.....

Think he can make an immediate impact as a returner?

Advertisement
Back