New Blood on Offense

Advertisement
Put a lot of emphasis on the OL.....that is where the problems are, and that has to be solved in order to win consistently..

Realistically playing with 2 True Freshman and 2 Sophmores on an offensive line is a recipe for disaster. That’s what happened last year.

The greatest improvement in college football players is usually from year 1 to year 2. Hopefully they get a lot stronger in this off season and I believe the system will automatically help them by getting the ball out quicker.

I would like to convert a former tight end who is big ,tough ,and has excellent feet ,Jared Harrison -Hunte to an offensive tackle.He is an excellent basketball player from New York who could have a long career if he makes the switch.

That’s actually not a horrible idea. Could make himself a bundle of $.

Advertisement
Virtually none of these players will contribute. New arrivals very rarely do.

We'll be very very lucky if anyone of thos players is like AR82

Do you really like the returning OL crop? I doubt Lashlee does. Based off last season's performance, I saw zero quality there. Only hope is the new OL coach.

Enos and Barry should be arrested for what they did to Nelson. They put this kid on an island time and time again. They did similar with Clark but at least he usually was part of a combo block or got help from Gaynor. I thought Campbell adjusted very well at guard. If Nelson and Clark can recover from Enos and Barry PSTD then I think they both have a lot of upside. Who the fucque runs slow developing play action with a bunch of overmatched freshmen? Barry obviously cannot teach because line communication remains an issue as well. Just competent coaching and a scheme that won't expose every single weakness will improve this line greatly.

Wrs are nice.
I am most excited about Knighton though.

He looks like a guy you can put out at WR on a LB in so many mismatches. Maybe we can use him a lot like we did DeJay Dallas his Frosh year (before he put on the pounds).

But anyway, it is great to see all those new guys come in early. Everyone is back at square one at an equal footing when it comes to learning the offense so the competition should be fierce.

use him like mcdaniels uses james white. i'd love to see lashlee run the "hoss" package with 3 rbs and 2 tight ends. start them in a run formation, then shift to 4-wide with a single back and exploit the mismatches.

Advertisement
Every offensive commit or transfer will be here for spring ball. I have to give it to this staff, it’s very impressive to get all of these guys in early.

This is huge because it gives everyone enough time to learn Lashlee’s system. It’s also great for competition.

QB D'Eriq King Transfer
QB Tyler Van Dyke 4 star
HB Don Chaney Jr. 4 star
HB Jaylan Knighton 4 star
WR Michael Redding III 4 star
WR Dazalin Worsham 4 star
WR Xavier Restrepo 3 star
WR Keyshawn Smith 3 star
TE Dominic Mammarelli 3 star
OT Jalen Rivers 4 star
OT Chris Washington 3 star

I would have loved to add at least 1 transfer offensive lineman but overall I am pleased with what we have coming in.
That offensive line though. Will King be running for his life or running for first downs?

Advertisement
Back