New Blood on Offense

Hstokes1447

Junior
Every offensive commit or transfer will be here for spring ball. I have to give it to this staff, it’s very impressive to get all of these guys in early.

This is huge because it gives everyone enough time to learn Lashlee’s system. It’s also great for competition.

QB D'Eriq King Transfer
QB Tyler Van Dyke 4 star
HB Don Chaney Jr. 4 star
HB Jaylan Knighton 4 star
WR Michael Redding III 4 star
WR Dazalin Worsham 4 star
WR Xavier Restrepo 3 star
WR Keyshawn Smith 3 star
TE Dominic Mammarelli 3 star
OT Jalen Rivers 4 star
OT Chris Washington 3 star

I would have loved to add at least 1 transfer offensive lineman but overall I am pleased with what we have coming in.

Advertisement
Every offensive commit or transfer will be here for spring ball. I have to give it to this staff, it’s very impressive to get all of these guys in early.

This is huge because it gives everyone enough time to learn Lashlee’s system. It’s also great for competition.

QB D'Eriq King Transfer
QB Tyler Van Dyke 4 star
HB Don Chaney Jr. 4 star
WR Keyshawn Smith 3 star
OT Jalen Rivers 4 star

I would have loved to add at least 1 transfer offensive lineman but overall I am pleased with what we have coming in.

O-lineman transfer(s) will have to wait until May, when they graduate

QB D'Eriq King Transfer
QB Tyler Van Dyke 4 star
HB Don Chaney Jr. 4 star
WR Keyshawn Smith 3 star
OT Jalen Rivers 4 star

Love to add 1 more DB /S
2 MORE OL MEN
1 MORE WR
5 more STAFF MEMBERS

Attachments

• 880FD150-8AC8-4DBF-93A2-EFE2800CCD03.jpeg
    880FD150-8AC8-4DBF-93A2-EFE2800CCD03.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wrs are nice.
I am most excited about Knighton though.

He looks like a guy you can put out at WR on a LB in so many mismatches. Maybe we can use him a lot like we did DeJay Dallas his Frosh year (before he put on the pounds).

But anyway, it is great to see all those new guys come in early. Everyone is back at square one at an equal footing when it comes to learning the offense so the competition should be fierce.

Advertisement
Any possibilities of converting a current/incoming player to the OL?
We have a 4* 6'6" 330 lb OT coming in. Converting someone would not be any better than what we have.

Advertisement
I would like to convert a former tight end who is big ,tough ,and has excellent feet ,Jared Harrison -Hunte to an offensive tackle.He is an excellent basketball player from New York who could have a long career if he makes the switch.

I would like to convert a former tight end who is big ,tough ,and has excellent feet ,Jared Harrison -Hunte to an offensive tackle.He is an excellent basketball player from New York who could have a long career if he makes the switch.
Type of at least some creative thinking that I hope our staff engages in (given the poor OL situation).

Do you really like the returning OL crop? I doubt Lashlee does. Based off last season's performance, I saw zero quality there. Only hope is the new OL coach.
I do think they've improved. I don't think a freshman can be converted to anything better than them before fall.

QB D'Eriq King Transfer
QB Tyler Van Dyke 4 star
HB Don Chaney Jr. 4 star
WR Keyshawn Smith 3 star
OT Jalen Rivers 4 star

Lashlee seems like a person that kids can feel is genuine and it so far doesn't look like a huge struggle to at the very least get them to listen and visit. That in itself is a major upgrade and big win for Miami from Enos. There were something about Enos that made him struggle in recruiting. Personality matters when it comes to dealing with these kids because they can sense honesty or just putting on a pretense.

Where Rhett need to really show his strength is in getting bigtime OLn to come here from the middle of the country. It has always been a big problem getting kids from that area to come to Miami and play on the OL. But so far its shaping up like a really nice class with the help of the portal help.

Advertisement
Back