New Assistant hired

Advertisement
Looks like this would be his first full time assistant job in college. The only college role I see from him prior to this was being a special assistant at Boston University for his former coach a couple years after graduating. I think he's been with Team Final for a couple years now. He looks like another coach that has the majority of his ties in the Mid-Atlantic.

For those interested...there are three players ranked in the top 40 for 2022 recruits that he coached at Team Final: Jalen Duren (2), Justice Williams (29), and Dereck Lively II (37).

Looks like this would be his first full time assistant job in college. The only college role I see from him prior to this was being a special assistant at Boston University for his former coach a couple years after graduating. I think he's been with Team Final for a couple years now. He looks like another coach that has the majority of his ties in the Mid-Atlantic.

For those interested...there are three players ranked in the top 40 for 2022 recruits that he coached at Team Final: Jalen Duren (2), Justice Williams (29), and Dereck Lively II (37).

And we have offered all 3 of those guys already so that should help our cause there. And 2 of those 3 are centers.

Advertisement
And we have offered all 3 of those guys already so that should help our cause there. And 2 of those 3 are centers.
Reading between the lines, it feels like L is banking on this hire swaying 2 or all 3 of those top 50 prospects here. Otherwise, I look at his resume and don't see how he's qualified for the job from an experience standpoint.

Reading between the lines, it feels like L is banking on this hire swaying 2 or all 3 of those top 50 prospects here. Otherwise, I look at his resume and don't see how he's qualified for the job from an experience standpoint.

It worked for Oklahoma State with Cunningham and USC with the Mobleys. Granted those were family members, but it is a similar concept.

Advertisement

Exactly. It is the main and only reason he got hired. Coach L thinks he will get all 3 of those kids now but will miss on all 3.
At best, maybe Lively but I doubt it.

Irving has been playing a big part in Miami's recruiting for years. If I'm not mistaken he gave us Lonnie Walker, Davon Reed and I think Newton. Larranaga hoping now that he's officially on the payroll that it will only get better. Not gonna lie, I like the move. It's a lot easier to sell basketball recruits and their families with a young guy then it is with an old white guy. LOL!!! GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Irving has been playing a big part in Miami's recruiting for years. If I'm not mistaken he gave us Lonnie Walker, Davon Reed and I think Newton. Larranaga hoping now that he's officially on the payroll that it will only get better. Not gonna lie, I like the move. It's a lot easier to sell basketball recruits and their families with a young guy then it is with an old white guy. LOL!!! GO CANES!!!

I like the move also but let's be honest. Coach L wants all 3 of the Team Final kids in the top 50.
Given what happened with Earl and Matt, I think so of those other bridges are burnt.
You know how sensitive these relationships are.

I like the move also but let's be honest. Coach L wants all 3 of the Team Final kids in the top 50.
Given what happened with Earl and Matt, I think so of those other bridges are burnt.
You know how sensitive these relationships are.

Don't think there's any bad blood between L and Timberlake, pretty sure Earl said he still loved L when he announced he was leaving.

Cross on the other hand...

Advertisement
Fisher didn't have a lot of experience either when he took the position. Hopefully, it works out, and maybe he can also help with some of the 2022 kids coming out of FLA.

Advertisement
Back