New 2022 QB Offer - 4 star MJ Morris

Advertisement
Morris is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback and No. 41 overall prospect in the 2022 class.

As a sophomore last season, he threw for 2,186 yards and 20 touchdowns with only six interceptions while also rushing for 379 yards and eight touchdowns on 58 carries.

He's been waiting for a Miami offer.....

“A couple of months ago my head coach asked me, `If you could have one offer what would it be?’ I said `I’d love to have an offer from Miami.’ It was just in my head, had been in my head for a while now, to get an offer from Miami.”

Advertisement
Rivals interview with 2022 QB prospect from Georgia:

Pace Academy High School Class of 2022 MJ Morris is a quarterback the Canes are targeting to land in the next class …

Morris is a versatile threat, and he says UM is “in my picture for sure.”

“Me and coach (Rhett) Lashlee have been texting,” Morris said. “We’ve been talking about the game coming up and all that stuff.”

Miami’s pushing hard here, and UM was one of the schools Morris says was “blowing up” his phone on the first day coaches were allowed to reach out,

Something on Rivals about him setting up virtual visit this week. I don’t subscribe so no details.

I like turning up on Brown by getting traction with Morris. Watched some of his SO more tape. Good grief. Super talented slinger.

Advertisement
From the Rivals article:

He says he has been in contact with Rhett Lashlee and that others recruiting him hard are Stanford, Florida State, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Missouri, Oregon, Penn State, Florida and Arkansas.

Morris is a dual sport athlete - currently is in the midst of his baseball season and says “it would be a dream” to play both sports in college.
He plays pitcher, outfield, second base and shortstop.

“I’ve taken baseball very seriously, what I really focused on this offseason,” Morris said. “If I do have a chance to play in college I’ll do it.”

As for Miami , “One of my friends (former Cane) Realus George is always telling me about Miami, how great a place it is. I’ve done Zoom calls with coach Lashlee and I love the offense, his coaching style. I want to see the campus, the facilities.”

Morris said he would like to be committed by the start of his senior season - if the dead period extends he and his family will visit the schools he is most interested in on their own.

Rivals noted that they believe Jacurri Brown and Zion Turner may be ahead of Morris on Lashlee's QB board

From the Rivals article:

He says he has been in contact with Rhett Lashlee and that others recruiting him hard are Stanford, Florida State, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Missouri, Oregon, Penn State, Florida and Arkansas.

Morris is a dual sport athlete - currently is in the midst of his baseball season and says “it would be a dream” to play both sports in college.

“I’ve taken baseball very seriously, what I really focused on this offseason,” Morris said. “If I do have a chance to play in college I’ll do it.”

As for Miami , “One of my friends (former Cane) Realus George is always telling me about Miami, how great a place it is. I’ve done Zoom calls with coach Lashlee and I love the offense, his coaching style. I want to see the campus, the facilities.”

Morris said he would like to be committed by the start of his senior season - if the dead period extends he and his family will visit the schools he is most interested in on their own.

Rivals noted that they believe Jacurri Brown and Zion Turner may be ahead of Morris on Lashlee's QB board
Zion turner over Morris lol

From the Rivals article:

Sign me up for Baseball playing QBs. The throwing ability and releases those guys have is unlike a lot of standard guys who only play football.

Advertisement
From the Rivals article:

The real question is why is Realus George friends with kids his grandchildrens age

Tbh I think u take Morris over brown Morris has better arm skill and they are close athletic wise Morris can get it done in the dual threat game Morris needs to work on his mechanics definitely throws the football like a baseball give him 2 years to learn and adjust u have a superstar coming up

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back