New 2021 DB offeree Dunn has basketball tie to UM, will be in Miami area this weekend

Advertisement
Got a bunch of crystal balls to Ohio state

was a huge fiasco last night.

The kid posted a tweet about "big news". Supposedly he committed to the Oklahoma staff during the day. both the OU 247 insider and Steve Wiltfong put cbs in for him last night . Within an hour, Wiltfong changed his to OSU. Story came out that OSU had been his first choice but he didn't have the go ahead to commit - they were holding him off. When the OSU staff got wind the kid was going public with a commit to OU, they contacted him and told him he was a "take". Kid changed his mind and all the cbs switched. happened in the span of an hour...

Story is all over the OU and OSU boards.... They expect him to go public with OSU commit soon..

Advertisement
Don't know what the **** there selling but ohio state is killing it in recruiting just like north carolina.
Lol look at the past 5 years of DB in the NFL draft

they’ve been DBU... sucks to admit but they’ve been kicking it putting top end talent into the league in the top end of the draft

Kids know their gonna get developed and get drafted

Lol look at the past 5 years of DB in the NFL draft

they’ve been DBU... sucks to admit but they’ve been kicking it putting top end talent into the league in the top end of the draft

Kids know their gonna get developed and get drafted
Hate to agree with you, especially on anything related to them suckeyes but your on point!!

Don't know what the **** there selling but ohio state is killing it in recruiting just like north carolina.
They are a machine right now but it is pretty easy to see why if you are willing to be objective. I live in Columbus. They have tremendous facilities and a top notch staff across the board with proven records of development. They are the kings of the Big Ten and don’t appear to be going away with Ryan Day, who might be the next big time innovative offensive coach. OSU is also the equivalent of a pro team here. The kids are treated like royalty and they have plenty of opportunities after they leave school.

And, as much as people focus on weather, the climate here is pretty good most of the year and Columbus is an emerging city with a lot to do. I hate the Buckeyes, but they aren’t going away.

Advertisement
They are a machine right now but it is pretty easy to see why if you are willing to be objective. I live in Columbus. They have tremendous facilities and a top notch staff across the board with proven records of development. They are the kings of the Big Ten and don’t appear to be going away with Ryan Day, who might be the next big time innovative offensive coach. OSU is also the equivalent of a pro team here. The kids are treated like royalty and they have plenty of opportunities after they leave school.

And, as much as people focus on weather, the climate here is pretty good most of the year and Columbus is an emerging city with a lot to do. I hate the Buckeyes, but they aren’t going away.

When Meyers was hired there, I immediately lost my chit....I knew the implications. OSU was already doing well under The Vest. Then the scandal comes out....Then they get Meyers, and I already knew O$U was going to pain.

I know its early, but I'm worried about this year's class. Seems like even the mid level guys on our board are going elsewhere. We really, really need a big season or we're looking at a fringe Top 25 class. And honestly, even a big year may not be enough to help the 21 class.

When Meyers was hired there, I immediately lost my chit....I knew the implications. OSU was already doing well under The Vest. Then the scandal comes out....Then they get Meyers, and I already knew O$U was going to pain.
What is most scary right now is that it appears Day might have a much better temperament and be a lot easier to play for than Urban. And, he made that Urban offense much more modern from a passing game standpoint. Scary

I know its early, but I'm worried about this year's class. Seems like even the mid level guys on our board are going elsewhere. We really, really need a big season or we're looking at a fringe Top 25 class. And honestly, even a big year may not be enough to help the 21 class.
I agree that this class won't be good unless we ballout this season. If the season gets canceled which could happen our recruiting class might be trash. We still have at least 2 more decommitments in this class.

Advertisement

6-7 with a loss to FIU and La Tech has consequences. Must win at all costs to salvage the class.

People said the same about the 2020 class and were proven wrong mightily. Just relax, entirely too early to be worried about this stuff especially with everything going on

Advertisement
People said the same about the 2020 class and were proven wrong mightily. Just relax, entirely too early to be worried about this stuff especially with everything going on
I agree that it's to early but if we have a season and have another 6-7 or 7-6 season are 2021 class will not finish like our 2020 class unless we hire a Urban Meyer type. A bad season will be the end of Manny. No season at all and he'll be fortunate to finish with a top 25 class. Hopefully we get a chance to see things play out on the field.

The circumstances are different, this isn't an ordinary recruiting season.

There's a very high probability that there won't be a season as regularly scheduled, Football will probably be moved back a few months which will completely change the dynamic of recruiting.

Plus with no in person visits or in person contact that changes everything. The virtual recruiting that's going on is benefitting the natural salesmen, the coaches who could sell sand to a beach are the ones who are thriving & loading up on commits right now, the ones that have to show something on the field before a kid will jump on board are gonna be in trouble because there might not be any football until much later in the year, highly doubtful there will be any games in September.

Doesn't mean the sky is falling or that there's any need to panic, but you can't compare this situation to last year or any other year, completely different circumstances especially for us, because we won't be able to sell on field results like we could if the season was taking place in a normal setting.

It's still just April, but our class rankings will slide the longer we go without getting any commits. The staff gonna have to really earn their paycheck with this class, recruiting will mostly be online.
Biggest challenge for our staff is convincing enough guys not to panic and cut them off before games are played. If we can get some games going and the offense looks like it should with Lashlee/King, then we have a product to sell. But, we have to keep guys interested until then.

Seeing a guy like Nussmeier, or WR’s like Brooks/Brinson, or even the Palmetto kids staying open is a positive. Long way to go though. We need games and performance.

If Dunn is a take I'm wondering if OSU will still have enough space for Wilcoxson as I would think he's a bigger priority but I could be wrong or KW might be anywhere near a decision yet.

According to the OSU board reporter, Wilcoxson is a take for them - It was also said that the OSU staff is holding off a couple of guys from making a commitment. Seems like he may be one of them - at least until he actually visits campus..

Advertisement
Back