2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Just because people walk around talking in southern accents blasting Luke Bryan in a pickup truck doesn’t make it Bumpkinville lol. It’s like trying calling Davie Bumpkinville. It’s simply not true. The culture in Jville is not even close to anything in Bumpkinville. You don’t even know if Jack Pyburn is “country”. He goes to one of the most expensive private schools in the state so I doubt it heavily.

If Jville is bumpkinville then Davie, Coral Springs, Margate, Coconut Creek, and the western part of Palm Beach county are all Bumpkinville too.
You do realize Davie (the rich area that is..the regular part of Davie is the size of a college campus) and Coral Springs are two of the most affluent suburban areas in Broward right? You can throw Parkland in there too. And Westin..Comparing those cities to Jacksonville is a stretch. Especially when it’s a 15min drive to Ft Lauderdale and a 30min drive to Miami for those 3 areas. Jacksonville is just Jacksonville. No Miami or Ft Lauderdale anywhere in the facinity. I refer to Jacksonville as one big Pompano or Deerfield.

Advertisement
Really hope he can make it there in time today. Weather in the Atlanta / Alabama area sucks today and would think he’s flying out of Atlanta

Really hope he can make it there in time today. Weather in the Atlanta / Alabama area sucks today and would think he’s flying out of Atlanta
If he left without committing that’s a win. He’s still visiting Miami so that’s another win. As long as UF doesn’t offer I like our chances. Maybe if he commits to Miami and UF offers late he’ll feel some kinda way, normally they don’t but maybe this is a first.

Advertisement
You do realize Davie (the rich area that is..the regular part of Davie is the size of a college campus) and Coral Springs are two of the most affluent suburban areas in Broward right? You can throw Parkland in there too. And Westin..Comparing those cities to Jacksonville is a stretch. Especially when it’s a 15min drive to Ft Lauderdale and a 30min drive to Miami for those 3 areas. Jacksonville is just Jacksonville. No Miami or Ft Lauderdale anywhere in the facinity. I refer to Jacksonville as one big Pompano or Deerfield.
I live in Coral Springs. You don’t have to educate me about where I live and have lived for 26 years.

So Duval had y’all so scared you guys decided false claiming for alliance purposes was the best bet?
Not quite. If we were like “we’re from carver ranches or Miramar” we’d get uh? Where? It was more so name recognition and trust, we were never scared homie..

Weather is d!ck today...****. Huge bands of rough weather coming in from the western portion of Florida around 11-12. Hopefully it clears up by 3-4 ish.

You’re talking to a dude who grew up in SW Ohio, with family all overt Kentucky and Georgia. Just because you’re naming more bumblef*ck places doesn’t mean that Jacksonville isn’t country. People from Duval are bumpkins.
I lived in Jax for 4 years and it is definitely not country. Plenty of friends born and raised in Duval county and not anywhere near country, come on man. Generalize much? . Does Jax have countryish parts like up Near yulee? Sure, but below the airport is def not anywhere near country more like a tad smaller Tampa. Do a lot of people like country music up there??? Yes, if that counts as being country then we might as well call FT Lauderdale as country too. Heck cuban buddies of mine in Miami love country music, I’m going to start calling them bumpkins lmao.

The city of Jax is not country or nowhere near country living. It’s like where I grew up in North Jersey being called nasty and industrial because of a city like Newark or Linden. Or Mafioso because there is a crime family in one city and everyone has a northeast accent lol.

Advertisement
I lived in Jax for 4 years and it is definitely not country. Plenty of friends born and raised in Duval county and not anywhere near country, come on man. Generalize much? . Does Jax have countryish parts like up Near yulee? Sure, but below the airport is def not anywhere near country more like a tad smaller Tampa. Do a lot of people like country music up there??? Yes, if that counts as being country then we might as well call FT Lauderdale as country too. Heck cuban buddies of mine in Miami love country music, I’m going to start calling them bumpkins lmao.

The city of Jax is not country or nowhere near country living. It’s like where I grew up in North Jersey being called nasty and industrial because of a city like Newark or Linden. Or Mafioso because there is a crime family in one city and everyone has a northeast accent lol.
I think we have different definitions of what country is and that’s fine. See @RattlerCane305 post which aligns with my thoughts.

Advertisement
I think we have different definitions of what country is and that’s fine. See @RattlerCane305 post which aligns with my thoughts.
It reminds me of all the people outside south Florida saying you'll get murdered or robbed if you go to school at UM. Like Corral Gables is Liberty City. There's pockets of small towns up here that are " country " but Gaimesville and Jacksonville are not that. People putting Madison , Jennings and Live oak as a comparison to Jacksonville is quite mind boggling to me. But then again people on this board said I talked like a redneck on the CL show even though I've never heard that in my life. And I've spent time up north and half my family is from the north. People generalize and judge but hate it when it's done to them. Just my take

Last edited:
Weather could be an issue traveling through ATL. From what I have heard from my coworkers ATL is just rain as of this am. So it would just be the normal slow downs with rainy weather in ATL. That line of showers should be through MIA area but there could be some back up from earlier nothing major I would predict 30 min to 1 hour max. Yes when I'm at work I'm in the front left seat in the plane for that airline from ATL

It reminds me of all the people outside south Florida saying you'll get murdered or robbed if you go to school at UM. Like Coral Gables is Liberty City. There's pockets of small towns up here that are " country " but Gaimesville and Jacksonville are not that. People putting Madison , Jennings and Live oak as a comparison to Jacksonville is quite mind boggling to me. But then again people on this board said I talked like a redneck on the CL show even though I've never heard that in my life. And I've spent time up north and half my family is from the north. People generalize and judge but hate it when it's done to them. Just my take
Fair take. This is a silly debate like you said. I love south Florida and if people think it’s country then so be it. I’m still not moving. Lol. I’m sure you feel the same about where you live and everyone else on here.

Jacksonville is fairly country. There’s a reason they call it South Georgia. Then again so is western south Florida. A gladesman will out country most southern rednecks. This dude would fit in fine down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back