2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
From a Gator board they said Napier is following and they expect him to commit if offered. While I like the kid, I think he goes to UF if offered. If Mario can pull him, I’d be even more impressed then I already am. Be cool and don’t get your hopes up. Just watch...

Seems like Jack may be a plan B guy as we’re hosting these 3 DE’s over the next two weeks

Seems like Jack may be a plan B guy as we’re hosting these 3 DE’s over the next two weeks

Lol, at least you aren’t an undercover “Miami Fan” on this board. What’s your take on Napier?

Advertisement
I lik
Lol, at least you aren’t an undercover “Miami Fan” on this board. What’s your take on Napier?

I really like what he’s done so far. Understand his wanting for continuity in bringing folks from ULL with him to fill on field and off the field roles.

My biggest cause for pause is him running the O being THEE playcaller. I’d prefer he be more of a figure head type and let an OC call the plays but we’ll see how that plays out.

I lik

I really like what he’s done so far. Understand his wanting for continuity in bringing folks from ULL with him to fill on field and off the field roles.

My biggest cause for pause is him running the O being THEE playcaller. I’d prefer he be more of a figure head type and let an OC call the plays but we’ll see how that plays out.

I see. At this point in the CFB landscape, anyone with that “Saban Stench” on them ala having coached under him is going to be overvauled in general. To his credit he did well at ULL and by accounts is a good recruiter. I’m not familiar with his offensive acumen so I can’t say but I generally prefer a coach to have an OC who calls plays. I also saw he was going to coach QB’s too.. Soooooooo, ok. Dan Mullen wasn’t a good recruiter but Dan could sure as **** coach QB’s and call plays so Napier is saying he can call plays and coach at a Mullen level or higher AND is a much better recruiter(which he looks to be already) then Mullen by placing those duties on himself then ok...Let’s see how well that works out for him. I know one thing though, the bleed of talent from SFLA to Gainesville stops with Cristobal now.

No need. Genes can be weird. My dad is 6'3, my mom is 5'2. I am 6'2 and 210 lbs.
It’s really dependent on genes across your entire immediate family more than just your mother and father. My parents are both short. Around 5’6”. I’m 6’. My mom’s father and brother were/are all taller guys. Thankfully

Advertisement
Proverbial ball's in Pyburn's court. Is he more comfortable in a place like Auburn? Does the Gator offer come😠? Will probly sweat this one out til signing day IF he likes us better than Auburn.

Proverbial ball's in Pyburn's court. Is he more comfortable in a place like Auburn? Does the Gator offer come😠? Will probly sweat this one out til signing day IF he likes us better than Auburn.
If I’m betting UF will wait to the very last second and offer, because they can and they know it. Hopefully they don‘t but if / when they miss on other guys they’ll come sniffing.

I figured they had a few guys ahead of him. They want to see where they stand with those three first.

Advertisement
I lik

I think with how offenses have been so innovative, and the constant demand on a HC for a Power 5 program, it's nearly impossible to be deep in the weeds on offense or defense if you're a HC.

Advertisement
What happened is I was texted he wrestled at 220 , I guess that was earlier in his career. I know nothing about wrestling I assumed he dropped down to that from his playing weight or just gained a bunch later thr next year. But I just read an article that says he wrestled last year at 285. So I was really wrong. Between the text , multiple articles and not knowing anything about wrestling I had my wires crossed. So he’s even bigger than we all thought. I was told he plays Int he 260-265. Here's the link
The thing I wonder about Pyburn is his ceiling. Is he already maxed out from a potential and size standpoint or does he have significant room to grow? From his interview last night, he already sounds like a workout warrior.

There is no pitch for that scenario. I’ve tried to play it out in my head. You can equate to the girl who’s looking to see if there’s something better before she wants you, but the reality is I could have an offer from every school in the country besides UM and if I got a UM offer on signing day, that’s where I’d go.

If I’m betting UF will wait to the very last second and offer, because they can and they know it. Hopefully they don‘t but if / when they miss on other guys they’ll come sniffing.
This is exactly whats going to happen. Not getting my hopes up. Maybe the kid has some pride about him and proves us wrong though.

That was definitely the Mullet Method. But Gaypier would require Pyburn to drive to Gainesville and workout for him first... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back