2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
From people that don’t know football or projection. He has the chance to end up on the DLine if he keeps growing.

lol people who don't know football say he'll be a LB. but hey, 'there's a chance' he'll up on the DL. (y)

Advertisement
Lol @ some of y'all. We get a coach who can identify talent and develop said talent, but we have some still doubting. Must be recruiting PTSD.

lol people who don't know football say he'll be a LB. but hey, 'there's a chance' he'll up on the DL. (y)
There’s a distinct difference between an off the ball linebacker, middle linebacker and a Edge rusher, 3/4 backer. He’s in the 260s now. He will probably end up around 280 at the least. Hence a DLine projection. DLine as in Defensive End in a 3/4 alignment.

Advertisement
Looks too small frame-wise to play 3T/DT and doesn't have the bend/length to play edge.

If you want to have a physical team you must recruit physical players. This kid looks to be a LB that has scheme versatility. He can blitz and play off the edge in addition to being a Mike backer. He has good quicks, sheds blockers and is physical at the point of contact. He knocks guys off their feet when he makes contact. Good tackler. I love his intensity.

Mario made it clear that he wants to be multiple on defense. To do that you need to have players who are versatile, physical and tough.

If you want to have a physical team you must recruit physical players. This kid looks to be a LB that has scheme versatility. He can blitz and play off the edge in addition to being a Mike backer. He has good quicks, sheds blockers and is physical at the point of contact. He knocks guys off their feet when he makes contact. Good tackler. I love his intensity.

Mario made it clear that he wants to be multiple on defense. To do that you need to have players who are versatile, physical and tough.
If we go to a 3-4, I could see him as an outside LB/Edge rusher.

Advertisement
I see a SDE, but maybe that's just me. He has Athleticism and could easily be 280 after a year or two in a quality S&C program.

Hmmmm this is offee seems a little suspiciously like a safety net recruit

Go Canes

Advertisement
Anthony Chickillo part deux? I don't see this kid at 280lbs. I see him as a mike that can blitz off the edge.

If he's 260 lbs now, as a high school senior, I don't think 280, after a year or two in a dedicated S&C program, is far fetched. Him at Mike, in today's game, isn't happening, hopefully.

Advertisement
He overpowers w/ a bullrush. Takes a false step when he rushes, which slows him down. No lateral quickness. Can't play in space for nothing. Maybe he can craft out his own niche in the right D, but this thread is really weird because I swear people were crying over slow LBs for the last 3 yrs
I'm far from an expert and I'm probably wrong but I can't disagree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back