Neville Gallimore 2015 DT as a Miami Prospect

Paranos

All-ACC
Neville Gallimore 2015 NT/DT from Canada Prep Football Academy in St. Catharines, Ontario (that's in Canada) is a rising prospect from north of the border that could be a very good fit for both what Miami does on defense currently and what UM wants to do in the future with it's scheme. The 6'3" 303lbs Gallimore is both super athletic for his size (clocking a electronically timed 4.72 sec 40yd dash) and has good functional strength (345lbs Bench and 500lbs squat) which he uses well in combination with his exceptionally violent hands to disengage from blockers. He reminds me of shorter Stephen Tuitt (Notre Dame D-end) and comes off the edge with same power but much faster, an can also slide down to the NT spot on third down to provide an interior pass rush.

His School plays exceptional competition since they play several Mid West powerhouse in cross border games last season they played against schools like Brother Rice, Poly Prep, Steubenville, St. Ignacious and St. Mary's -- from New York State, Ohio and Michigan. So competition level should not be an issue in his evaluation, especially considering his expanding offer list.

Miami has as always done very well in the past when pulling players out of Canada and Gallimore represents an excellent opportunity to revive that pipeline by taking the Top rated defensive player in Canada.

Gallimore has been traveling to camps in the northern Midwest and quietly making a name for himself he has 14+ offers from OU, Wisc, WV, Neb, UCLA, and even USF has offered him. OU seems to be the early favorite however Gallimore has expressed on several occasions he wants to play in WARMER CLIMATE (he is from Caribbean descent), hence the interest in USF. Miami would offer Gallimore the chance to play at the highest level while getting a great education in a beautiful area with a tropical climate. I believe Art Kehoe has traditionally covered Canada but we need some additional help on this one if Miami decides to pursue this young man which staff should strongly consider doing. He would be perfect for a raising canes segment. UM needs to get someone on a plane to Canada ASAP to start recruiting this kid, before it is late especially considering Miami's need for DT's. **** they could even mention to Gaillmore's family that Rohan Marley played at the U.

Neville Gallimore Jr Year highlights (2013 season)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3213888/highlights/69422398

Neville Gallimore Video Interview from the RCS Detroit Camp 2014
https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/RCS-Detroit-Neville-Gallimore-1125414

Neville Gallimore: OL vs DL from the RCS Detroit Camp 2014
https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/RCS-Detroit-OL-vs-DL-part-two-1125544

Here is his back story.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/03/14/big-opportunity-for-ottawa-football-player

Big opportunity for Ottawa football player
By Tim Baines ,Ottawa Sun
First posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 06:49 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, March 14, 2014 06:57 PM EDT

As a manchild Grade 8 kid at St. Patrick Intermediate School, Neville Gallimore often wandered down the road to the football field at St. Patrick High School.

Already standing six feet, at more than 200 lbs., he regularly watched the Irish varsity football team, boys as old as 18 -- desperately wanting to put on the pads and a helmet so he could feel the adrenaline rush that goes with slamming an opponent to the turf. It didn't matter to Gallimore that the high-school kids were older and sometimes bigger.

"In Grade 8, if they had said to me that I could play on the high school team, I would have done it," says Gallimore, now 17 and in Grade 11, who at 6-foot-3, 280 lbs. is being swamped with scholarship offers from major U.S. colleges. "It would have increased my toughness. It's all about getting better and you only get better if you're up against tougher competition."

He waited for his chance, started as a Grade 9 on St. Patrick's varsity team, was dominant as a second-year player, then went all-in on an opportunity to go to St. Catharines to join a team that was rising from the ashes of the Niagara Football Academy, which disappeared in a cloud of controversy.

And now, as the offers keep flowing in, Gallimore will get the full ride he was looking for when his family decided it would be best to move him out of Ottawa. His mother ****iva and father Carlton, along with brothers Gary and Garry scraped together enough money to send Neville to the Canada Prep Football Academy, which last season played against schools like Brother Rice, Poly Prep, Steubenville, St. Ignacious and St. Mary's -- from New York State, Ohio and Michigan. There are still plenty of questions and doubters within the football community about the longevity of the academy, but it's worked for Gallimore, who says it's been a great experience -- with the players divided up into a couple of classes.

"My family made big sacrifices for me," says Gallimore. "It was a risk, but it was a risk worth taking. "I was a bit scared, a bit nervous once I got there, but I'm determined to succeed. My mindset when I got the chance to compete here was how would I stack up against some of the best competition from the States?"

A defensive end, but with the versatility to shift around, Gallimore played five games for the academy team before his season was derailed by a high ankle sprain.

With so much on the line, Gallimore, who also played for the Canterbury Mustangs, Cumberland Panthers in Ottawa, knew he had to step up his game.

"I knew I had to do better in school," he says. "I had to dedicate myself to the classwork and I attacked the weight room. I had a lot more motivation."

An offer from Maryland started the ball rolling. Nine more offers followed within two weeks -- from the University of South Florida, Mississippi State, Minnesota, TCU, Wake Forest, Rice, Nevada, UCLA and U Cal Berkeley.

"You have to play the waiting game. I did my part, I sent out a lot of emails," says Gallimore. "And my coach used his database to get my name out there. It was an eye-opener. It made me realize what I had been doing was good.

"I'm relying on a lot of research. I don't really have a favourite school right now. I don't plan on making my decision until national signing day, next Feb. 4."

In the meantime, Gallimore has plenty of work to do -- in the classroom and on the gridiron.

"This is a dream for me," says Gallimore. "This is what I wanted to do. I just didn't expect it to happen so fast."

Advertisement
Either it's just herd mentality or just being jackasses but I never got the hate for you Paranos. You bring new info to the board constantly. I don't always agree with your evaluations and that's okay but just keep bringing new info. I dig that and whether or not they agree with you everybody else should to.

The craziest part of the highlight is that midway through the highlights he not only blocks a field goal while rushing from the backside edge but literally intercepted it in mid air off the kickers foot, you don't get much more athletic than that when it comes to eye hand coordination for a d-linemen.

Go Canes

Advertisement
This is Neville Gallimore dunking a basketball with ease, talk about athleticism.

[video=youtube_share;uggwHofR_9I]http://youtu.be/uggwHofR_9I[/video]

Paranos you still think miami is looking for another 2014 late addition at DT.

Paranos you still think miami is looking for another 2014 late addition at DT.

That is not what this thread is about. But as a side note to answer your question yes if he can provide an immediate impact..

Go Canes

Advertisement
I know I have been harsh on you Danny but you do provide
70.jpg

Advertisement
Back