Never go against ration.

Do u know how u get to 7-5 every year? Let me walk u down the road of Miami’s laziness and ineptitude:

U fire a coach in which the program has completely collapsed under. Good; but, then u hire a staff member w/ no coaching experience to continue. Bad.

U then fire that coach b/c clearly progress is not made. Good; but, then u hire a G5 coach who was sub .500 for his career. Bad.

U then fire that coach b/c, u know, results weren’t up to par. Good; but, instead of doing a coaching search, u zero’d in on a former alum entering retirement age who was fired at his old job. Bad

Thank goodness said coach saw the game had passed him by, & he did the honorable thing by retiring and walking away. Good; but, ONCE AGAIN, u hire a guy from his staff w/ no coaching experience to run ur program. Bad

So now, u just fired that guy b/c, well, he sucked. Good; but instead of vetting all possible candidates, u zero’d in on another alum that had a mixed bag of success at his previous job. TBD.

That’s this program in a nut shell.
We hired Korn Ferry to pick one of those. It's almost like the lazy hire is the most affordable option and sometimes spending money on an expensive consulting company gives you cover for the lazy hire.

Advertisement
Another mouth-breather.

Mario has been given exponentially more money and resources to “tear it to the ground” and he still sucks the most out of all of them at this juncture.

You think Mario can do it because you are actually an idiot.

I know Mario can do it because I’ve seen him do it at Oregon. Whether it comes to fruition or not here is TBD, but he’s going to keep bringing in elite players until we have a Top 10 roster in the sport. If he’s unable to secure coordinators good enough to put those kids in position to win is again TBD, but he won a lot of big games and a NY6 bowl at Oregon. To say he literally can’t do that here is just jaded fan, cranky laundry bro ****. He can. Will he? We’ll see.

I know Mario can do it because I’ve seen him do it at Oregon. Whether it comes to fruition or not here is TBD, but he’s going to keep bringing in elite players until we have a Top 10 roster in the sport. If he’s unable to secure coordinators good enough to put those kids in position to win is again TBD, but he won a lot of big games and a NY6 bowl at Oregon. To say he literally can’t do that here is just jaded fan, cranky laundry bro ****. He can. Will he? We’ll see.
Evidence showed: he won in a down Pac-12, didn't produce an NFL level of talent different than Miami over the same period and also didn't need to "rebuild" Oregon the way people claim he did...

He MAY get it done, but some of his hype is as much fan fiction as the jaded criticism....he needs to adapt... quickly

Mario’s the only guy on that list that had the guts and ability to tear it to the ground, get rid of as many mediocre players as possible, and recruit top level players. Everyone else on the list was just business as usual. Keep the same players, win a few extra games sooner, recruit more of the same type players and get more mediocre results. We needed a change. I’m willing to take a few steps back to finally more forward. I think Mario can do it. Not a fun process but a necessary one.
oh boy.gif

Mario’s Prime's the only guy on that list that had the guts and ability to tear it to the ground, get rid of as many mediocre players as possible, and recruit top level players. Everyone else on the list was just business as usual. Keep the same players, win a few extra games sooner, recruit more of the same type players and get more mediocre results. We needed a change. I’m willing to take a few steps back to finally more forward. I think Mario Prime can do it. Not a fun process but a necessary one.
Now you can post it on BuffsInsight.

Advertisement
Now you can post it on BuffsInsight.
Ha. Fair point, he did tear it down, too.

I did say the only guy from the list of bad/cheap/retiring Miami coaches that were listed.

Mario is building it right, getting the culture right, recruiting right, at his Alma mater where he won championships. Prime is just a flash in the pan at CO, using it as a stepping stone and will be gone in a year or two with nothing lasting being built (will still be a problem when he lands at a real school - don’t want him at FL state personally). The roster turnover and complete culture change are similar approaches from both coaches to washing off the stank loser mentality, but I’ll take Mario’s long term approach.

Advertisement
Back