Nesta

Advertisement
150 yards rushing but they stopped the run!
That’s on the crappy linebacker play not the d line they took up blockers they had clear lanes to clean up and were hardly ever there to tackle and when they were there they missed the tackle

Advertisement
He’s overweight and he’s kind of soft. All he seems to care about is his social media and talking trash.

I saw 2 plays by Nesta that stood out to me. In the second half Bama ran an inside run play. Bama's lineman completely moved Nesta out the way and opened up a hole for the rb. The next play they ran a similar run play and Nesta completely dominated his man and was in for the stop. He's an enigma. He has the talent. He just has to bring it all the time, not just sometimes. If he played for a team where pt is an honor not just a right, he would probably be All- Conference.

Advertisement
He's solid nothing more. Not as bad as you guys think. He's undersized tho and gets swallowed up because of it at times. He does make plays at times.

He balled vs. NC St last year especially late, he's good just not on the pedestal we tend to put all our players on.

Advertisement
He's just a guy. He and Jon Ford are very similar. Decent role players that are best suited as your DT3.

With that said...I didn't think either of those guys played particularly poorly yesterday. They were fine.

Advertisement
According to PFF he graded out as one of the best players and Jon Ford had top performance. We had a much bigger issues on defense than DT play yesterday!
Pff has flaws, we were bringing lots of pressure up the middle with blitzers. If you can’t penetrate with that I don’t know what to say. Until we get game changers inside we won’t be a playoff team: Grading out ok doesn't mean you’re disrupting anything. We were having to bring so much pressure because we lack playmakers on the dl. We had to try to create disruption.

LT is one guy that can be this down the road but these guys are just pretty good players at best.

I'm not going to **** on the guy like many of you. In fact, I'm really not going to **** on any of our guys. It's not fair to them. Why? Because they are so out talented vs. Bama. It's not even close. Nesta is good, but he's not Bama good so no real reason to expect him to be. Nesta wouldn't be in the two-deep at Bama.

In fact, go up and down our roster. There are maaaaaybe 12 guys on our entire roster who are talented enough to make Bama's team. And notice I said 'make Bama's team'. I didn't even utter the words, 'start for Bama'. We don't have one guy talented enough to start for Bama. Leonard Taylor two years from now? Maybe. James Williams two years from now? Maybe.

Point is. We've got a roster full of guys who are good to very good but not anywhere near the talent level needed to compete with Bama. And realistically speaking, only maybe 2-3 teams this year can say they have enough to go toe to toe with Bama. Clemson's D is solid but their O is ***. Definitely beatable this year. ND's offense is solid but their D as we're seeing is ****. They are way overrated. Oklahoma was way overrated. Point is, comparing ourselves to Bama is futile. They are a cot **** college all star team that has a monopoly on the game and you can only hope to catch them on a fluke year like Clemson, OSU or LSU and sneak in a natty.

So until we start signing Top 5 classes annually, we can forget about competing with Bama. And Nesta is as good as to be expected of him. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to bash him.

Advertisement
Back