Nesta Silvera play

In spite of all the hyperventilating going on the board, people are really overlooking how stout our Run defense was last night.

Held them to just 13yds in the first half & yes we did give up a couple of long run plays, but for the most part our Run D was very good.

Jade, JHH, Ford & Miller are a solid 4 DT's in rotation, Roche is also very good against the run as well.
And like last year, this will give the defense time to get in a groove. Playing with 2 linebackers is still weird. That guy phillips is going to have to raise his football i.q. as well. Not sure why we chose to blitz UAB as much as we did, but okay!

Advertisement
2019 defensive line class looks to be pretty dang good. Blisset needs time to get bigger of course. Nesta looking good shouldn’t surprise anyone. That’s a grown man position down there. Only the true freaks come in as freshman and dominate

How was he listed with only I think 5 tackles and 1 tackle for loss? I seen Him get 3 tackles for loss behind the line of scrimmage and maybe another. Plus he was pressuring the qb. I want Them to start playing him on 3rd down because he can make a big impact

That’s 2 tackles for loss right there for Nesta but there were more in the game. Not sure why he was only listed with 1

I saw his stats in some off article and had the same thought.

Advertisement
He had a nice game, just noticed that I didn't hear Ford's name all night, was wondering if he played till I saw him in the tweet.

Ford is big and soft. Gets pushed around. Time to see what Miller can do with more snaps along with the young guys behind him .

Not to detract from the OP convo, but did anyone else notice the immaculate run defense technique from Quincy Roche last night? Calm, calculated movements allowed him for a sack and a couple of stuffs. Dude made me eat crow.
I was watching him and phillips more than anyone else on the defense just to gauge where we were and he was awesome. He was pro-ready for sure and we're lucky he came here considering Rousseau bailed. He will ensure we have one side locked down at all times

On the 2nd tweet, Nesta might've made the tackle, but Harrison-Huente made the play. Look at him demolish that OLman. I thought he was our best DT last night.
And that is what we expect to get from Ford at his size and strength. But he's too busy trying to shoot gaps when that's what we have Nesta for. That was also great hand placement by Harrison to control the blocker, where as Ford never uses his hands and lets blockers get into his body.

Advertisement
Ford is big and soft. Gets pushed around. Time to see what Miller can do with more snaps along with the young guys behind him .
I'm very critical of Ford. I really want him to be dominant because of his size, but he's just not that guy.

Best we can hope for is that he's a steady, reliable space-eater -- a larger version of Pat Bethel -- which would allow Nesta, JHH and the others to make splash plays.

Nesta.JPG

Advertisement
Back