Nesta enters portal

He was one of our better dtackles the whole time here.

Not a sack getting dt...but a guy that routinely does that sort of thing in the video and hustles to the ball.

Good rotational nfl guy.

PPL hated on him for whatever reason n crossed their nuts on him...did the same with Ivey as well but Nesta was a different level of player.

I lol'd when folks said he wouldnt have started here last year.
wasnt it bc the story was mario told him to find a new home or something so people went w it bc mario knows

Advertisement

Not a sack getting dt...but a guy that routinely does that sort of thing in the video and hustles to the ball.

Good rotational nfl guy.

PPL hated on him for whatever reason n crossed their nuts on him...did the same with Ivey as well but Nesta was a different level of player.

I think mannys scheme made nesta look more reckless with his pass rush than anything…

Others have said he was a “bully” on the team but to be honest last year needed more people that gave a ****

Advertisement
Just goes to show that those without the "ideal" body type can still be producers (especially in college) and I hope we don't write them off

Advertisement

Good rotational nfl guy.

Nesta may not have had Jackson's physical attributes. But he was 10x the player (and gamer) that Jackson was for us last season. People were insane to think his transfer was a good thing.

I did trust Mario. But him going to ASU shows that it was a total shock that he transferred out. If he had planned on leaving, teams would have been backchanneling with his network way before his name hit the portal. A quality DT is almost a unicorn.

Good rotational nfl guy.

Fans got mad because he didn't put up monster pass rushing statistics but he was never a pass rushing guy, even in high school. One of the things I liked most in his highlight tape was his ability to two gap and not only occupy linemen but get good push.

He was solid if not spectacular here and honestly is better off playing in a system opposite of what Manny Diaz wanted. Asking him to get upfield and disrupt the backfield plays against what he does. He's not tall but he's stout and pretty quick for a 300+ guy. We really could have used him last year. He's better than anyone we had at DT outside of Taylor.

If I remember correctly, he had some issues in the locker room with guys he felt weren't playing hard. I'm sure a bunch of those guys were still here last year so it probably worked out best for him personally to transfer.

Regardless, he left, didn't make a scene and is doing well so I've got no issues with him.

Advertisement
Fans got mad because he didn't put up monster pass rushing statistics but he was never a pass rushing guy, even in high school. One of the things I liked most in his highlight tape was his ability to two gap and not only occupy linemen but get good push.

He was solid if not spectacular here and honestly is better off playing in a system opposite of what Manny Diaz wanted. Asking him to get upfield and disrupt the backfield plays against what he does. He's not tall but he's stout and pretty quick for a 300+ guy. We really could have used him last year. He's better than anyone we had at DT outside of Taylor.

If I remember correctly, he had some issues in the locker room with guys he felt weren't playing hard. I'm sure a bunch of those guys were still here last year so it probably worked out best for him personally to transfer.

Regardless, he left, didn't make a scene and is doing well so I've got no issues with him.

I saw him and Manny get into it more than once

No they had issues with him not playing hard

Advertisement
Definitely a head scratcher. But like somebody said time to let it go and focus on 2023 (and being huge Utah and LSU fans this week)
this. its amazing how everyone quit on each other (coaches and players). either way, its done now. new year starts tomorrow. new beginnings.

No they had issues with him not playing hard
This is not true if ppl really watched tho, there was plenty of times nesta was chasing down plays downfield. Idk how anyone could question his motor that and his play strength is **** near all he had

Advertisement
Back