Nelson and Osborn - Academic AA's

Advertisement
Sometimes as fans, we forget that these are STUDENT-athletes. A lot of guys won't make it to the NFL and if they do, the career can be short, so it makes me proud as a fan when I see one of ours on that Academic All American list. Good chit.

Advertisement
Zion failed spectacularly, but he never tapped his helmet. He came in here at 240 pounds and got himself ready to compete at a P5 level and never quit despite being in an offense that required him to hold blocks for ten minutes every snap against grown men when he should have been redshirting.

I like the cut of his jib, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him eventually turn himself into an all-ACC type. There’s a lot to be said for grit.

Sometimes as fans, we forget that these are STUDENT-athletes. A lot of guys won't make it to the NFL and if they do, the career can be short, so it makes me proud as a fan when I see one of ours on that Academic All American list. Good chit.
Honestly, I can't see Zion failing at T. He shouldn't have been placed as the anchor without being ready, but I've read/heard he works his *** off and him being exemplary student only strengths that. LOVE smart lineman!

Advertisement
Honestly, I can't see Zion failing at T. He shouldn't have been placed as the anchor without being ready, but I've read/heard he works his *** off and him being exemplary student only strengths that. LOVE smart lineman!

I agree, everybody trashed him, and they still do. I can’t see him failing. Maybe it’s because I’m really rooting for him but you could see flashes and I think he has the potential and certainly the work ethic to develop in a future draft pick, and a future leader that this team desperately needs. I’m really rooting for this dude, we need more like him

That's awesome. Osborn was really a great addition from a leadership perspective -- too bad his efforts kind of got wasted in this trash season.

Hope Zion makes a jump next year... That trial by fire he took as a freshman really could either make or break him.
Come on man, a version of your “make or break” statement was said all season long in regards to Z.Nelson. Actually, it got worse.

Lmaoo..bro Zion gave up sacks within 1second a number of times in the first 5-6 games..but he improved..that’s awesome to hear his academics tho.at least we know he has it between the ears..good chance it manifests on the field too.

Nelson showed grit, but needs to get so much better it's not funny...I like the kid, but there is no way in living **** he shouldn't be forced to compete for his job next year.

A redshirt this coming year would actually be the best thing for him this season, just like it would have been last year.

But knowing Diaz, he probably thinks just because he played hard, he is guaranteed a 4 year job at UM.

Advertisement
Nelson shouldn't have seen the field until probably two years into college. His intelligence is probably why they took the chance on him. He wasn't going to make mental mistakes, but his body wasn't, and maybe still isn't, ready to play the position at this level. The good thing with Lashlee's offense is it doesn't put a huge strain on the OL.

Advertisement
What a great honor for these 2 young men! TBH, I think Zion will figure it out on the field as well.

Zion failed spectacularly, but he never tapped his helmet. He came in here at 240 pounds and got himself ready to compete at a P5 level and never quit despite being in an offense that required him to hold blocks for ten minutes every snap against grown men when he should have been redshirting.

I like the cut of his jib, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him eventually turn himself into an all-ACC type. There’s a lot to be said for grit.
Smart and determined are fantastic qualities for Oline.

Advertisement
Back