Needs for 2019 recruiting class?

Advertisement
Probably need 4 or 5 defensive ends. When Jackson goes pro after this year, I think that puts us at 4 total defensive ends on the roster for 2019 (Patchan -SR, Garvin - JR, Rousseau - SO, Cameron Williams - Commit, FR). We are going to need numbers

I'd like to see -
10 offense
1 QB
2 RB
2 TE
5 OL (2 OT, 2 interior, 1 swing type)

14-15 defense
3 DT
3 or 4 DE (probably need to take a JUCO guy assuming JJax leaves - need some instant contributors)
3 LB (have to be the right 3 - praying for something similar to Shaq/Pinck/McCloud class)
3 CB (might go up or down depending on where Frierson and Blades shake out)
2 S (hopefully Spaghetti and Battle)

2 athletes
1 Wherever Richards wants to play
1 Wherever McIntosh wants to play

Offense - 12

1 - QB
2 - RB
3 - WR
2 - TE
4 - OL

Defense - 18

3 - DE
4 - DT
4 - LB
3 - CB
2 - S
2 - ATH

stack up on Line ,Line & LB's. sign Dent and one of 5* RB's
ships are won upfront.... also need to get the S&C guy to get players on the Bama, Clemson OSU
UGA "program"

Advertisement
I would like to see:

OL 4-5 (still some dead weight we need to recruit over)
WR 3
QB 1 (I believe in the theory of always take one every year)
HB 1-2
FB 0-1
TE 0-1 (Between the two positions, give one slot. We're young at both spots with some talent)

Offense (10-12 spots depending on who's available, needs, etc. I'm also looking for someone who can return kicks on O every other year)

DT 3-4
DE 3-4 (I would give 7 slots between the two positions and try to max out numbers-wise. If 8 needed, so be it)
CB 3 (I'd take a fourth here if you have someone that you just CAN'T say "No" to)
LB 3 (assuming the coaching staff really likes the young guys and we lose no more than 2 this year)
S 1-2

Defense (13-15 spots. Take more corners, knowing the physical ones can move back a level if they don't have it on the island)

If I'm Richt, I'm loading up on the big guys and I'm recruiting based on a "first come, first served" strategy. I'm going to take the guys that want to commit that I have on my board and not hold off on a #4, hoping #1 picks me on signing day. Any one that wants to come aboard late, be my guest. But you better hope there's room.

Advertisement
Ideal class is the following, with max schollies of 28:

1 QB - I think taking a QB every year like a robot is dumb, but i could see a transfer happening so best be prepared
3 RB - Gray is gone, Burns is a hardship candidate, Crispian is graduating, and Homer is early NFL, which could leave us only Lingard, Dallas, and Cam
3 WR - Probably don't need 3 but i'm greedy. I want 3 of Fuller, Payton, Dunmore, and Ladson
3 OT - We're losing St Louis and probably George Brown to transfer.
2 OG - Gauthier graduates, i like Scaife at OT.
1 TE - Hodges or Zipperer. This is the one position i don't care about in 2019. 4 TEs plus Realus as a FB is plenty for an RPO offense.
3 DE - We will lose both Jacksons to the NFL and have Patchan, Garvin, Rousseau returning plus Bethel who will play SSDE minutes in 18-19.
3 DT - Lose Willis and Odenigbo. Ford, Martin, Silvera, Miller will be the top 4. Renato, Daxon, and one more would be ideal to fill out the chart.
4 LB - We'll lose Mike Smith, Perry, McCray, and Pinckney. Take 4 to replace em, Florida is loaded don't care which bodies we get.
3 CB - Bandy, Ivey, Blades, and Bethel return. Frierson could play both CB and S.
2 S - We could lose up to 3 with attrition with Jaquan, Redwine, and Knowles. Hall, Finley, Carter and Smith return with Frierson a possibility.

1 QB (Not Necessarily a believer in taking one every year depending on how things shape out)
2 RB (Hopefully Mac and Trey)
3-4 WR (4th can be a large hybrid TE)
1 TE
3-4 OL (4 if 2 are Tackles, OT must be addressed and we need an alpha)

Defense (Important to have good interchangeable players)
3 DT
4 DE (1 preferably 2 must be able to play inside like Chad and Demetrius)
3-4 LB (1 or 2 must play be able to play DE, Huff is an interesting prospect for DE/LB)
3 CB
2 S

1-2 ATH (Mac, Anthony, Sang, Crowley)

Large class will be needed, 25-28 players, number will be on the lower side it we get players that are talented and interchangeable.

I also agree with Mike Deep can't have slow playing divas, we need dogs that want to be here, and help the staff recruit other players. None of this nonsense of waiting on a 5* and missing out on 4* only to end up with a 2 or 3* that we talk up on signing day.

Last Note: Renato Brown will be of great importance to this class can play both sides of the ball. I was extremely frustrated seeing Slaton play DT for UF and we were recruiting only as a guard when DT was a need. He look good this year at DT.

this is the year they need to get this roster balanced.This is Richts 4th year coming up and there should be no need to be scouring the countryside looking for players for depth.

Offense: 10-12
QB: 1
RB: 2
WR: 2-3
TE: 1-2
OT: 2
OG/OC: 2

Defense: 14-17
DE: 3-4
DT: 3
OLB: 2-3
ILB: 1-2