Needed Changes Moving Forward

I want to take on Clemson over and over again until these boys start taking losing to them personal! Many of our players played 'scared' last night!
I want to take on Clemson over and over again until these boys start taking losing to them personal! Many of our players played 'scared' last night!

Attachments

• 0C9F1DE2-8EE2-4970-9BA8-79518B2B7213.jpeg
    0C9F1DE2-8EE2-4970-9BA8-79518B2B7213.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
Advertisement
Advertisement
Coaching changes. On the defensive side of the ball are the much needed changes.

Lashlee had a bad game. But over the course of the season he has been fine.

the defense has been a problem in all but one game.
Huh? The only bad part of the defense besides the penalties was the LB play and Baker not having a game plan to stop or slow down Etienne. Otherwise, the defense played pretty well given our offense ran only 54 plays.

The only ones that played scared were the WRs. This game was more about not having a plan for Clemson's defensive scheme. Dabo said they adjusted their scheme for our offense. They stacked the box to shut down the run by having their LBs shoot gaps on running plays. They played 1v1 on our WRs with no safety help. That free'd up their safeties to double our TEs and help in run support. Lashlee had a poor game plan and didn't adjust. He kept calling the same running plays that were never going to work against Clemson's stacked box. That was the biggest factor of the game. Lashlee needs to be better and make in-game adjustments.

Advertisement
The only ones that played scared were the WRs. This game was more about not having a plan for Clemson's defensive scheme. Dabo said they adjusted their scheme for our offense. They stacked the box to shut down the run by having their LBs shoot gaps on running plays. They played 1v1 on our WRs with no safety help. That free'd up their safeties to double our TEs and help in run support. Lashlee had a poor game plan and didn't adjust. He kept calling the same running plays that were never going to work against Clemson's stacked box. That was the biggest factor of the game. Lashlee needs to be better and make in-game adjustments.
You bet ur *** if we had an ahmonn Richards they ain’t doing that crap. You need someone who commands attention

You bet ur *** if we had an ahmonn Richards they ain’t doing that crap. You need someone who commands attention
Agreed, but there are other plays and schemes to make them pay even with the guys we have. Lashlee got duped calling vertical routes against 1 v 1 coverage with no safety help because we don't do deep balls well and we don't have the WRs (at least the starters) to make contested catches.

Advertisement
It crazy on Clemson board they felt like they couldnt run for **** and our dline handled their oline.. Outside of the counter run where the TE buried McCloud into Memorial stadium running ball wasnt issue.. The inside guys can only do soo much..
This is a true statement. Giving up an 80 yard TD run is inexcusable, but Etienne was averaging less than 2 YPC before that point.

I actually thought our defensive gameplan was solid, the defense/special teams created opportunities for the offense to make that a game. Unfortunately we couldn't make that happen

If we win out , we will be in the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME , AND I WOULD RATHER MAKE IT TOO THE ACCCHGM . WE DONT RUN FROM Competition we learn , evaluate , make adjustments , and meet it head on ....WE ARE THE U .....💪🏿👍🏾🙌🏿🏈
Really wish our coaches had your mentality!! Cause I ain’t seen no adjustments from them last game!

Advertisement
Well, we surely didn’t lose because of the D last night. You guys are just reacting and going to the easiest Apple to pick on. But the D was ok last night. Not great but they gave the O lots of chances to get back in it. And the O generally went in the wrong direction.
The D averages 19.5 plays of over 10 yards per game. It’s got issues too.

Advertisement
Back