Needed Changes Moving Forward

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
OFFENSE

WR: The WR room needs a total shake up. If our starters are going to play like unseasoned players, then we need to build for next season and start the stud freshmen and Payton.

Playcalling: We'll find out if Lashlee is more than a good OC. When we play VT, UNC and PITT, we need to see that he properly prepares for those talented defenses.

DEFENSE

LB: I hate dumping on players, and it seems some posters on here get their rocks off by being overly negative and even personal toward players. Having said that, the reality is, we really need to put the younger, faster guys in ahead of McCloud and Jennings. Whatever deals that they made with McCloud to come back with his leadership, I believe they've honored that. Now, it should be all about what is best for the team and more specifically, building for the future. It's time for athletes to take over the LB room.

DT: Ford isn't making any impact, so going forward, Harrison-Hunte needs to be the starter next to Nesta.

SPECIAL TEAMS

PR/KR - This is just getting ridiculous at this point. There must be someone reliable who understands when to take the punt and when not to. We have all those athletes and all that speed, I refuse to believe we don't have a couple athletes who could actually be an asset in this department.

COACHING

As I mentioned in another post, if Manny rebounds and we win the rest of our games in the reg season, or lose no more than one, then I do think he should be given more chances to build the team. We are obviously better this year, and that's what we need from our HC. What we do need Manny to start doing is get even more angry and demonstrative with the refs. We get hosed all the time and we need our HC to be at least as offended by it as our OC is. Also, Manny needs to continue to be merciless in who he plays. He needs to have an overall youth movement on this team if he wants to continue to improve and eventually take down the Clemsons and BAMA's of the world.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Our WR room isn’t good enough. Not even close. Our CB’s aren’t good enough. The depth is a joke. Mike Rumph is a joke. Look at how Clemson’s corners play, then look at ours. Our coaching staff in general is not good enough. Not even close. Baker, Patke and Rumph are not power 5 coaches. As long as they are here, we are going backwards. The icing on the cake will be on the juniors that declare for the draft after this season. Because they will be so ready for the next level

But, he's outplayed Ford over the course of the season. Harrison-Hunte continues to flash and show that he could be our next Willis.
What you're really saying is Harrison-Hunte should be playing ahead of Silvera. They play the same position (as well as Willis).

I saw Ford make several plays last night. They have him taking on several blockers (similar to what we had Courtel Jenkins do). But it does no good if we don't have gap integrity. It's that tackle for loss emphasis.

495EBA9F-E1D1-4BE1-9622-BFECE5C011CC.jpeg

Advertisement
Honestly, I hope ND plays them closer and ends up playing CU again in the ACCCHGM. I would much rather win out and win our bowl game than take on another loss. We can get back to our traditional position of "Anyone, anywhere, anytime" when we have the team to back that up.
Honestly, I hope ND plays them closer and ends up playing CU again in the ACCCHGM. I would much rather win out and win our bowl game than take on another loss. We can get back to our traditional position of "Anyone, anywhere, anytime" when we have the team to back that up.
If we win out , we will be in the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME , AND I WOULD RATHER MAKE IT TOO THE ACCCHGM . WE DONT RUN FROM Competition we learn , evaluate , make adjustments , and meet it head on ....WE ARE THE U .....💪🏿👍🏾🙌🏿🏈

Advertisement
I’ve been saying DT would be an issue since the summer. We need an injection of athleticism in there. Hunte is a good start, but we need more. LT can’t get here soon enough.

Advertisement
If we win out , we will be in the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME , AND I WOULD RATHER MAKE IT TOO THE ACCCHGM . WE DONT RUN FROM Competition we learn , evaluate , make adjustments , and meet it head on ....WE ARE THE U .....💪🏿👍🏾🙌🏿🏈
I want to take on Clemson over and over again until these boys start taking losing to them personal! Many of our players played 'scared' last night!

Well, we surely didn’t lose because of the D last night. You guys are just reacting and going to the easiest Apple to pick on. But the D was ok last night. Not great but they gave the O lots of chances to get back in it. And the O generally went in the wrong direction.
We could get nothing going.

Advertisement
Back