Need to Move Quick to Save Recruits - Announce going after big name!

CaneBoiFL

Junior All-American
So we know the fallout of coaching changes unfortunately, so man i been thinking Miami needs to pull the trigger asap on Manny and/or Blake ASAP rather than waiting til end of season. My thought is at least have temp coach and announce we are going after big fish (i.e. hint at Cristobal). That keeps class optimistic and maybe even builds. Keeps us as solid as possible through the transition.

Thoughts fam?

Advertisement
So we know the fallout of coaching changes unfortunately, so man i been thinking Miami needs to pull the trigger asap on Manny and/or Blake ASAP rather than waiting til end of season. My thought is at least have temp coach and announce we are going after big fish (i.e. hint at Cristobal). That keeps class optimistic and maybe even builds. Keeps us as solid as possible through the transition.

Thoughts fam?
Blake gets the axe, ASAP. Then Manny after the last game of the season: he'll be dead man walking anyway, and everyone will know it.

Let the new AD get everything structured and prepare for a search before anything is announced.

Thoughts fam?
That won't save the class. And one class won't fix Miami football. The best move is fire James and Diaz and find a legitimate AD. Let the new AD have a presser and lay out his vision and plan for the athletic department and immediately for the football program regarding commitment, investment, etc. New head coach is going to have to live in the portal for 2022. There is enough on roster that a high quality staff can grab 6 to 8 guys in the portal and make us competitive.

Advertisement

Thoughts fam?
This is truth and gives young kids something to play for. Notice the kids aren’t actively defending manny. No don’t be a fan later talk

This is truth and gives young kids something to play for. Notice the kids aren’t actively defending manny. No don’t be a fan later talk
It’s still early enough they’d have something to play for, the obvious would be over and they could just let it all hang out. Plus you start putting out feelers for interest , then hiring the temple coach next week.

especially if they were playing for interim coach TROB who also has a guaranteed place on future staff

Advertisement
You have to break some eggs to make an omelette
gorb.jpg

Or something along those lines. Sucks because we have some studs committed.

Advertisement

Thoughts fam?
What makes any of you think they are firing Blake? Just because he picked Manny? That ain’t gonna do it.

No way he is getting fired yet. King not playing gives him an excuse for loss last night. My guess he makes it the whole season even after Mack makes a fool of him again. His last loss will be against Duke after David Cutcliffe says he is retiring and players win his last game. Cutcliffe gets to go out beating Miami who he is still mad about losing to after the lateral game.

Advertisement
No way he is getting fired yet. King not playing gives him an excuse for loss last night. My guess he makes it the whole season even after Mack makes a fool of him again. His last loss will be against Duke after David Cutcliffe says he is retiring and players win his last game. Cutcliffe gets to go out beating Miami who he is still mad about losing to after the lateral game.
Discovery Shut Up GIF by Shark Week

Having TVD and Garcia would make the job decently appealing.

I really don’t see anyway around firing Manny mid season. As it is you know the UNC game is setting up to have Manny look like a person on death row walking to the electric chair. If they don’t fire Manny right away it will be like our Admin giving him just enough electricity to not kill him

Having TVD and Garcia would make the job decently appealing.

I really don’t see anyway around firing Manny mid season. As it is you know the UNC game is setting up to have Manny look like a person on death row walking to the electric chair. If they don’t fire Manny right away it will be like our Admin giving him just enough electricity to not kill him
Next guy is going to have to raid the portal for experienced, plug and play offensive linemen. We have a lot of young talent at the skill positions but without some maulers up front a lot of that talent will be wasted.

Advertisement
Back