Need some clarification on something

To each their own but just do not understand worrying about tie breakers and have not played half the schedule yet.
I am a lot more concerned about whether we will even be in that discussion the last couple games of the season. Right now my concern is how we play against Pitt

Advertisement
If we both finish 10-1 it may be for the better if ND plays them again in terms of where we’d end up in a bowl. Let’s be honest we’re not beatingClemson this year. A 10-1 Miami gets the orange bowl bid. A 10-2 ND does not. And vice versa

This program is notorious for losing big games and tanking the rest of the season. How could we possibly be looking at an ACC Champ right now? We should be seeing how we respond against Pitt. Then we can see if this season will be different than previous ones.

This program is notorious for losing big games and tanking the rest of the season. How could we possibly be looking at an ACC Champ right now? We should be seeing how we respond against Pitt. Then we can see if this season will be different than previous ones.

100%..
We also always drop a few games we are not supposed to. I think it is very likely we drop another game or 2, **** maybe even more if we lose this weekend and the wheels fall off. Never know with Miami.

Ever since the Clemson debacle I've seen quite a few Miami fans taking the stance of, "Oh well, it's no big deal, we'll just win out and get another crack at Clemson." When Covid struck, they eliminated the divisions and said it's basically the two top teams with the best overall records that would play in the ACC Championship. So, even if Notre Dame loses to Clemson that means both of us will have one loss, and we all know there's NO WAY they're putting us ahead of the golden boys. Not to mention, after we got humiliated by Clemson, they will be reluctant to put us up against them again. Am I looking at this wrong when I say we've basically been eliminated already from the ACC title game?
I feel like I'm in the minority on this subject, but I really don't want to face Clemson again and it's not for "fear" reasons or whatever rationalization you might assign to such an opinion. I look at it from a business standpoint. We need to improve the branding of the program for multiple reasons, none the least of which is for recruiting.

Look, if we do play Clemson again in the ACCCHGM, then I'll be rooting like **** for our Canes and will look at the bright side of playing in our conference championship game. But, if I had my druthers, I'd rather let the Domers get beaten senseless twice and let us POSSIBLY go onto an 11-1 or 10-2 record.

Nothing would be stronger for us in recruiting than to win out the rest of the way. That's possible (not saying it will happen, of course) as long as we don't play Clemson again. It's a branding decision, not a "scared to play them" decision.

Advertisement
Long way away. Got to beat a lot of good ACC teams. But I would love to see the Canes play Clemson again. Got to play the games. Never know how a game is going to play out. Can not win if you do not play.

I think a lot of you beta mentality haters don’t want to make it to the ship game because you don’t want to face the fact that manure made it to the acccg in his second year in a year where there were no divisions and we played a conference only schedule. Man if it was a normal coastal year we cruise to that thing. Get blown out in it but still. We have only made it once before in a million years. I want to go back. Major statement doing it against 10 legit teams vs other years where we get to play Bethune and famu. Tighten up boys

Advertisement
Back