Need smash mouth D in 2016

Sooch

Redshirt Freshman
When Spring practice opens in a few months I hope that whoever the new coach is makes Defense a primary focus. All Championship teams are built around D!!! We all know Miami is a hot bed for ridiculously talented skill players. I want to see the new coach build the defense around nasty players that live for laying the wood on every play. Norton will be even better. I can't wait to see Willis play for Canes. I want to see hitters. Shaq, And Gordinier are two that make a living just punishing runners. You want to see guys that get the entire team pumped up with their intensity and nastiness on the field. Teams want to run away from them.
Canes defense in 2016. All starts with D!!!

Advertisement
Strong would be awesome! Great Florida ties and doesn't put up with and bs!

Advertisement
When Spring practice opens in a few months I hope that whoever the new coach is makes Defense a primary focus. All Championship teams are built around D!!! We all know Miami is a hot bed for ridiculously talented skill players. I want to see the new coach build the defense around nasty players that live for laying the wood on every play. Norton will be even better. I can't wait to see Willis play for Canes. I want to see hitters. Shaq, And Gordinier are two that make a living just punishing runners. You want to see guys that get the entire team pumped up with their intensity and nastiness on the field. Teams want to run away from them.

Wait for the Generation X crowd to jump in and tell you that defense is irrelevant and all you need is a couple of stops here and there.

Starts with Charlie strong

Are you thinking Texas wants to get rid of him SOOOOOOO bad that they are willing to buy the Marlins, move them to Vegas, tear down the thing they built and rebuild the OB for us on that sacred ground? Because that is the only way we should consider hiring a dude that is about to get canned at UT.

Wait for the Generation X crowd to jump in and tell you that defense is irrelevant and all you need is a couple of stops here and there.

Oh Lord, your right. My oldest son is still bugging me about Lynch. I thought it was the 14 year olds that were pulling that sort of coach. You mean these guys are adults?

Defense starts with SPEED...We are severely lacking with the exception of Grace and Burns, Even more baffling is Walter Tucker sitting all year, even though he's top five on team in forty time..

Advertisement
You can't win with defense alone anymore. That said, you can definitely dictate things to an offense with the type of speed we have. Spring needs to be full go, full contact from Day 1 (or whatever the NCAA allows). These kids have to get back to loving to hit and playing fast. Only chance we have at saving this thing.

The last three champions had nasty defenses. Wake up. Auburn with Can Newton was the only one to win without a nasty defense. Wake up

It was already proven with stats in another thread that over the past 10 years offense is equally important as defense for winning a championship.

Daddy cane, you dont have to be the fastest team to win. Miami has proven that in past 10 years. You need to be tough and need to will yourself to win. 40 yard times don't determine wins.

Advertisement

Are you thinking Texas wants to get rid of him SOOOOOOO bad that they are willing to buy the Marlins, move them to Vegas, tear down the thing they built and rebuild the OB for us on that sacred ground? Because that is the only way we should consider hiring a dude that is about to get canned at UT.

Seriously. If we told Texas we'd take that **** off their hands if they'd build us a stadium, they'd build us a stadium so big and so fine, that the Dolphins would rent from UM!

Strong is that bad. Makes me wonder what you SEE in him . . .

Seriously. If we told Texas we'd take that **** off their hands if they'd build us a stadium, they'd build us a stadium so big and so fine, that the Dolphins would rent from UM!

I don't see anything in him. He coached as a gator-- that is enough. But if we could get a free stadium, we could always fire him the minute the funds clear.

Advertisement
Daddy cane, you dont have to be the fastest team to win. Miami has proven that in past 10 years. You need to be tough and need to will yourself to win. 40 yard times don't determine wins.

Miami hasn't been fast in years.

Speed on defense is made up of three things:

1) Actual fast kids
2) Putting smaller kids with speed all over. Aka the JJ philosophy of taking safeties and putting em at OLB. LBs go to DE, DEs to DT.
3) The most important thing: kids understanding their responsibility so well they can play without thinking.

I don't see anything in him. He coached as a gator-- that is enough. But if we could get a free stadium, we could always fire him the minute the funds clear.

EXACTLY.

I want a defensive coach who was a DC for an NFL team that won at least 2 Super Bowls. Worked with the best in the business. Someone with a lot of experience and has an eye for talent especially DL prospects. Wait a second, we have one who is available. He may accept the job. His name Butch Davis.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back