Need Nesta back and...

zeeblet01

Recruit
We need him to be who we think he is.
We are not getting a consistent rush from our DT spots. Bethel made some plays, Ford did too but not enough.
GW3 helped our DEs tremendously last year by taking away that ability to step up in the pocket.
The DEs regressed a bit so far but a big reason is the fact that the QB can consistently step up in the pocket and the Tackles can run the DEs by.
There is much more to address but I think this is something being overlooked

Advertisement
I've been a HUGE Jon Ford fan since he signed here.

So far he's been pretty underwhelming.

We need him to be who we think he is.
We are not getting a consistent rush from our DT spots. Bethel made some plays, Ford did too but not enough.
GW3 helped our DEs tremendously last year by taking away that ability to step up in the pocket.
The DEs regressed a bit so far but a big reason is the fact that the QB can consistently step up in the pocket and the Tackles can run the DEs by.
There is much more to address but I think this is something being overlooked
What has Nesta showed to warrant the savior status? The blocked punt last year? At some point, we have to see players make big time plays in big time games before crowning them.

The hysteria after UF was why did martel play over the other receivers. They played last night and didn't do squat. Every player is prove it mode. They are as good as their last play.

G. Hall was an CIS all American so was Pope. Based on what recruiting rankings and high school highlights? I'm done making that mistake.

Advertisement
The D has ZERO impact players. We desperately miss Willis and Jaquan and need Nesta or Bubba to be "that guy." Maybe Keontra Smith or one of the young LB's will be a nice surprise. We need something bad...

Btw has that UCLA DT done anything?

Ford was hyped the **** up since spring and he hasn’t done **** this year. Another green tree all American. This team has like 40 of them.

We are missing joe Jackson and it shows. Garvin is not that type of guy and has played as poorly as anyone in the front 7 the last two weeks even with the linebackers. He should be dominating but he’s not

We are missing joe Jackson and it shows. Garvin is not that type of guy and has played as poorly as anyone in the front 7 the last two weeks even with the linebackers. He should be dominating but he’s not
Agree, Garvin has been disappointing, as had the entire DL. It’s a conundrum, is it him or what they’re dictating to him. Still, physically and skill level he should be playing better. Is the defense seeking its balance and level or is this it?

Advertisement
Agree, Garvin has been disappointing, as had the entire DL. It’s a conundrum, is it him or what they’re dictating to him. Still, physically and skill level he should be playing better. Is the defense seeking its balance and level or is this it?

3 different DL coaches in 3 years. All good coaches but you can't have that. Doesnt help that we slanted away from the play a bunch. I rewatched the last 2 drives by UNC and we literally stunted Patchan away from the play when we had then pinned in the 10. Same drive, on another long run, for some reason, Trevon Hill did some sort of small move towards the inside and we ended up with 0 defenders to contain that side.

We hired a Defensive line coach from Akron whole went from FSU and NC State to Akron. Manny Savage Diaz rescued him.

Why do you idiots think he was Akron for? the scenery? Prestige?

We hired a Defensive line coach from Akron whole went from FSU and NC State to Akron. Manny Savage Diaz rescued him.

Why do you idiots think he was Akron for? the scenery? Prestige?
Posters on here never learn. They actually think we have a good staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back