Need leadership & toughness from offensive line 2017

poopyhead114

Recruit
Joaquin & other legends need to talk to these guys

Softest OL in the conference

Their diet needs to change

So does their work ethic - all they do is eat & go fishing while FSU savages are eating weight plates

Some of these guys will get beat out by Donaldson an 18 year old true freshman i would be embarrassed if that happened

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a troll but i call it like i see it

Our dl will eat too

But it wood be nice if our ol wasnt garbage

We win acc if we hax ol

Joaquin & other legends need to talk to these guys

Softest OL in the conference

Their diet needs to change

So does their work ethic - all they do is eat & go fishing while FSU savages are eating weight plates

Some of these guys will get beat out by Donaldson an 18 year old true freshman i would be embarrassed if that happened
I think it was telling when richt and searles upon being hired said need tackles, that had a lot of gaurds needed some tackles.

just saying its not always about work ethic or diet, sometimes kids are gaurds and some are tackles, tackles need to be more athletic and golden did a bad job recruiting legit tackles. at least in richts mind. from day 1 richt has said we need to get more tackles. we have a bunch of gaurds. that alone tells u all u need to know. you are right line sucks but not for reasons u said. they are just playing out of position.

Advertisement
They arent playinv out of posigtion

Look at their bodies & how plumpy they are

Now look. At cam robinson roderick johnson

Ohio state ol

They all look live dothraki warriors

Our guys simply dont squat or power clean or work on footwork

Numerous false starts come from fatigue n mental weakness

Just posting truth i know its hard

We can't close our OL discussions just because we won a bowl game. We know the main issue is not having the talent to perform at a level necessary to beat the best teams. The passing game and defense won that bowl game. The running game never really got established, but there were the few good runs as probable. That's an issue, because our opponent was wvu and undersized. We need all the elements for a better line, including toughness, better personnel, training, techniques and focus. Zach Thomas is a fine example that toughness is a positive trait if not measurable. He lacked all the supposed measurable traits, size and speed, but those intangible traits of toughness, dedication and focus made him one of the best LB's in his day. Don't ever discount, deny or minimize the variable of toughness when analyzing a player or unit's play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We can't close our OL discussions just because we won a bowl game. We know the main issue is not having the talent to perform at a level necessary to beat the best teams. The passing game and defense won that bowl game. The running game never really got established, but there were the few good runs as probable. That's an issue, because our opponent was wvu and undersized. We need all the elements for a better line, including toughness, better personnel, training, techniques and focus. Zach Thomas is a fine example that toughness is a positive trait if not measurable. He lacked all the supposed measurable traits, size and speed, but those intangible traits of toughness, dedication and focus made him one of the best LB's in his day. Don't ever discount, deny or minimize the variable of toughness when analyzing a player or unit's play.

This

Advertisement
He needs to put his money where his mouth is and close out the 2017 class with Olinemen that are good enough to get playing time next season.

[video=youtube_share;iMZr0zg7x5o]https://youtu.be/iMZr0zg7x5o[/video]

Advertisement
Back