Need bigger then DT

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
I believe all on here would agree that DT is our biggest area of need however, I am of the opinion that we have a greater need....the need of true a defensive leader. Someone respected for being a monster competitor, with a chip on his shoulder and the type of character that is willing to take on the role of being our Defensive QB.

Sadly enough, that player is currently committed to the worst team in the state. I admire that he's confident enough to turn down offers from top BCS schools to take on the challenge of leading a horrible team to better days, but how the **** can someone please help Winky Flowers realize that he's giving up a future of making millions as a safety to QB a bottom of the barrel team that will never put enough talent around him to succeed?

Advertisement
Yep, besides the whole talent issue, there doesn't seem to be any leaders on this team. Morris isn't one and there doesn't seem to be any of them on defense. I had hoped that guys like DP, Green and Chick could be those guys but they don't seem to be (not that I can see, at least). Who can fill that role in 2014?

Yep, besides the whole talent issue, there doesn't seem to be any leaders on this team. Morris isn't one and there doesn't seem to be any of them on defense. I had hoped that guys like DP, Green and Chick could be those guys but they don't seem to be (not that I can see, at least). Who can fill that role in 2014?

Don't know if we've had a leader on D since Reed, Vilma, Collin.... maybe Beason was our last one? don't know, but its been a good 10 years though. And every great team has had at least 1 on that side of the ball, Blades, J.Brown....

I was really hoping to see Deon Bush emerge in this role this season but he suffered the setback.

The real kick in the nuts about Duke's injury was losing the leadership he brings to the team, and how other players gravitate towards him. Dont want to be that guy but if you played football before you know what its like to have those guys in the huddle.

Tracy Howard seems like a kid who is ready to take the step.

McCord seems to have that exact personality but doesn't quite have the game to back it up yet.

We had leaders on Defense (Green, Highsmith, Gaines). They just aren't very good at football. It's hard to keep following leaders that can't make plays.

Advertisement
Dont tell Chad Thomas or Travonte Valentine there arent any Defensive leaders in this class.

Duke Johnson is the leader of the team. With him out, it's hurt big time!
Defense specifically, I'd say next yr it will be Chick, Bush and Howard...

We had leaders on Defense (Green, Highsmith, Gaines). They just aren't very good at football. It's hard to keep following leaders that can't make plays.

yeah but we need grimey leaders, not some hoity toity good guys leading the way. Duke's our smallest player and is the only player on our team I see getting in the oppositions grill after plays.

Advertisement

yeah but we need grimey leaders, not some hoity toity good guys leading the way. Duke's our smallest player and is the only player on our team I see getting in the oppositions grill after plays.

Tracy

I believe our BIGGEST need on D is elite LB's. Any team with a good defense has elite backer play. Our lbs are some of the worst we have had at Miami. The D-line is a big need but we have a group of guys playing LB that just are not that good at what they do.

Advertisement
I believe our BIGGEST need on D is elite LB's. Any team with a good defense has elite backer play. Our lbs are some of the worst we have had at Miami. The D-line is a big need but we have a group of guys playing LB that just are not that good at what they do.

Linebackers look a whole lot better when they don't have to fight through trash, fix the D-line first. But we do have lackluster LB's

We don't need a talky leader. We need someone who says go stop the RB then proceeed to take his head off and show guys how its done. Our defense is tryingto figure out what the call is, no time to lead or show emotion. It usually is a LB. Someone needs to step up there. Gaines is not good enough. Grace strikes me as the type but he is too young. Tracy too but we have have none on the DL. Carter will be as well. They need someone to step up and say ******* blaming coaching and this and that, this is not happening anymore. We need that. I actually think they are overcoached

As stated above, need players and not talkers. Need a MLB or FS/SS who can knock people out, who can make game-changing plays, the will and presence to hold folks on the D accountable, and has the athleticism/range to cover when someone blows an assignment or misses a tackle.

Again, will give them a pass on FSU. Thought we legitimately played hard and in the end just didn't have the horses. VT and Duke are different stories. Don't know if it the scheme or talent, but last two games about as pathetic as can get.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back