Need an OC/QB coach

We need to have a coordinator who also coaches the qb’s. They need to be in lock step with play calling and coaching in practice. I get Gattis did the oc wr coach things at Michigan but he also had a coach in Harbaugh that knows a little about QB’s.

This isn’t the only issue obviously it when your qb has to have a sit down with the OC 3 weeks in to go over what the qb likes there is a major disconnecdisconnects

If Gattis comes back we need a real QB coach

Advertisement
Unless Mario is humbled this year, and has an awakening, were going to be with the same ****, with different players and different OC. How in the **** he hasnt brought anyone in mid season is beyond me
Not the easiest to change an entire offense mid-season. Can’t see Gattis being here next season.

We need to have a coordinator who also coaches the qb’s. They need to be in lock step with play calling and coaching in practice. I get Gattis did the oc wr coach things at Michigan but he also had a coach in Harbaugh that knows a little about QB’s.

This isn’t the only issue obviously it when your qb has to have a sit down with the OC 3 weeks in to go over what the qb likes there is a major disconnect.
Disagree. You need a dedicated QB coach for the most important position in football

Not the easiest to change an entire offense mid-season. Can’t see Gattis being here next season.
Something can be implemented. Cant roll out there with the same **** week after week thinking its going to magically work. Whats the worst that can happen? We have no where to go but up.

Advertisement
Would love to see us look at the Heupel tree, Riley tree, **** any spread that incorporates enough run to keep Mario happy.
There’s a ton of run heavy spread offenses out there. If you look at the teams who lead the nation in rushing offense, pretty much all of them, besides the service academies, run spread systems. Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss just bludgeoned Texas A&M on the ground yesterday.

I wish there was a scheme analyst position that not only provided data on current playcalling success rates, but also did R&D on formations/plays not used here and what they could potentially bring to our team. Dang, I did that when I coached 7v7, why don’t we have something like that?

Ugh.

Bring in an Air Raid guy with his own position coaches. Please and thank you.

Advertisement
Who will replace him is the question
Have to get somebody with CREATIVE passing concepts. Look at UNC, worst defense in the ACC in almost every category, but they have Phil Longo as OC/QB coach, and a top 8 offensive unit that puts up points. No way yesterday UM does not put up a FEW TD'S with Longo running the offense and having Restrepo, Colby Young, Mallory, Skinner, Smith available, along with Parrish. Yeah, Gattis was nervous with Garcia at the end ... because he knows that HE has not taught him how to SCORE.

Can we, like, offer Joe Brady some house on the water and steal him midseason?
Its a **** shame we couldn't get him when his stock was at its lowest since he was serving Sean Payton gatorade. Now he's learning and advancing his game under the Daboll tree under Dorsey...feel like we'll never have a shot with him again.

Advertisement
Have to get somebody with CREATIVE passing concepts. Look at UNC, worst defense in the ACC in almost every category, but they have Phil Longo as OC/QB coach, and a top 8 offensive unit that puts up points. No way yesterday UM does not put up a FEW TD'S with Longo running the offense and having Restrepo, Colby Young, Mallory, Skinner, Smith available, along with Parrish. Yeah, Gattis was nervous with Garcia at the end ... because he knows that HE has not taught him how to SCORE.

…..and Longo is making HALF of what Gattis is making, lol. Robbery, no ski mask.

…..and Longo is making HALF of what Gattis is making, lol. Robbery, no ski mask.
Seriously! Wed be undefeated with the right OC. We had all the opportunity to roll A&M. Winning is contagious. Would of done wonders for the confidence of the team. Love the players Cristabol is bringing in, but its a **** shame a coach getting 8 Mil a year can be so detrimental to winning. I just hope like **** with all the big $ involved, someone forces his hand.

Advertisement
There’s a ton of run heavy spread offenses out there. If you look at the teams who lead the nation in rushing offense, pretty much all of them, besides the service academies, run spread systems. Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss just bludgeoned Texas A&M on the ground yesterday.
Look at Tennessee they run a lot. The systems are out there.

Advertisement
Back