- Cardale Jones
- Jameis W
- AJ McCarron
- AJ again
- Cam
- Greg McElroy

2 of the last 7 Champs were mobile ?

Advertisement
We aren't Alabama and there is a difference between a running QB like Cam and a mobile one like Winston. Kaaya is like an online man playing QB.

That's 3. And Others are bama with five stars backing up their backups...

We've already established that kaaya doesn't hold all the blame for last night Idk why people are caught up on that

Offensive line couldn't run block for ****

Play calling was poor

Too many penalties

Kaaya interception

Missed pat

Advertisement
We aren't Alabama and there is a difference between a running QB like Cam and a mobile one like Winston. Kaaya is like an online man playing QB.

Your margin for error is much larger with a QB that can move in the pocket and extend plays....if you add an actual running component all the better. It makes it much easier for the line to force guys to rush in their lanes etc.

We've already established that kaaya doesn't hold all the blame for last night Idk why people are caught up on that

Offensive line couldn't run block for ****

Play calling was poor

Too many penalties

Kaaya interception

Missed pat

Yeah, this thread is a case of focusing on the 13th most important thing. Let's deal with the low hanging fruit first, then we can get to the wishlist items like QB mobility and more speed.

Advertisement
No Brad Kaaya is just not good enough to win with. There are QBs that aren't mobile but still have enough to run when the pocket breaks down or are skilled enough to be able to step away from pressure and make throws as a pocket passer. Kaayas limitations in that department are the 2nd biggest reason hes not a good qb.

Last 7 title winners
- Jay Coker
- Cardale Jones
- Jameis W
- AJ McCarron
- AJ again
- Cam
- Greg McElroy

All those guys were more mobile than Kaaya

And that is why they won?
- Nope - great D
- Bernie, Kenny, Erickson and good god Gino - Brad is a blazer compared to Gino

I say this and I truly mean it...I think Gino could beat Kaaya in a 40yd dash right now. Kaaya is alarmingly, alarmingly, slow...he cannot move. His feet are so bad he can't even keep his balance if he has to move in the pocket. It's a serious liability and is very limiting for our offense.

Last 7 title winners
- Jay Coker
- Cardale Jones
- Jameis W
- AJ McCarron
- AJ again
- Cam
- Greg McElroy

All those guys were more mobile than Kaaya

And that is why they won?
- Nope - great D
- Bernie, Kenny, Erickson and good god Gino - Brad is a blazer compared to Gino

Stop living in the past. No a mobile QB is. Not the end all be all , but the game has changed. Gotten faster and kids are more athletic. The classic drop back passer with zero mobility is slowly becoming a thing of the past.

Advertisement
Last season, in a regular pro style offense, Kaaya threw for 4 TDs and 405 yards against FSU. He had an excellent stat line his Frosh year as well (too lazy to look it up right now). RPO is asking Kaaya to literally become a read option QB, something he has not done in 3 years and probably didn't run in high school either. So year 3 asking a pure pocket passer to become a read option qb. When in all football history has that ever worked? No surprise, he hasn't looked comfortable all season. Is it on Richt? Well, it's a tough call - I think with a QB like Perry, this offense could be a monster. So do you delay implementing it for another year to maximize Kaaya, knowing he leaves at end of season or go ahead and run the RPO with him and hope he is talented enough to pull it off, so that rest of offense learns it this season so it can roll next season? I think Richt knows we aren't winning a ring in next two years with what we have (even if Kaaya plays at Heisman level, I don't think we have enough OL or WR talent to beat an Ohio State or Alabama). We have been hoping for a more dynamic, college style offense for a while now (where one super athletic qb can win games with his arm and legs) and it's gonna take a little while to implement.

Since Alabama could when with either at QB, I think it'd be more beneficial to look at who play against bama for all those titles. Or rather, who has beaten Bama in last 5 years? Most mobiles. Maybe all mobiles.

Advertisement
Last 7 title winners
- Jay Coker
- Cardale Jones
- Jameis W
- AJ McCarron
- AJ again
- Cam
- Greg McElroy

This is the same kind of intellectually lazy at best and dumb at worse kind of thinking that the Golden supporters always ran out there.

"We should be better than we are."
"OH MY GOD WE AREN'T 'BAMA"
"We shouldn't be losing to all these average teams."
'THE 80's ARE IN THE PAST AND AREN'T EVER COMING BACK!'

"We might win more games if we had a QB who was more mobile than Kaaya."
"GREG MCELROY WASN'T MOBILE AND 'BAMA DID OKAY!"

Yes, let's embrace the outliers and ignore all the evidence to the contrary that having a mobile quarterback helps your offense. I tell you what, if Miami makes it to a few NC games and loses because their QB isn't a good enough passer we can go back to having QB's with all the mobility of Peyton Manning's waterlogged corpse chained to a mountain. But until then, let's do whatever it takes too get to those playoff championship games. What do you say?

Last 7 title winners
- Jay Coker
- Cardale Jones
- Jameis W
- AJ McCarron
- AJ again
- Cam
- Greg McElroy

This is the same kind of intellectually lazy at best and dumb at worse kind of thinking that the Golden supporters always ran out there.

"We should be better than we are."
"OH MY GOD WE AREN'T 'BAMA"
"We shouldn't be losing to all these average teams."
'THE 80's ARE IN THE PAST AND AREN'T EVER COMING BACK!'

"We might win more games if we had a QB who was more mobile than Kaaya."
"GREG MCELROY WASN'T MOBILE AND 'BAMA DID OKAY!"

Yes, let's embrace the outliers and ignore all the evidence to the contrary that having a mobile quarterback helps your offense. I tell you what, if Miami makes it to a few NC games and loses because their QB isn't a good enough passer we can go back to having QB's with all the mobility of Peyton Manning's waterlogged corpse chained to a mountain. But until then, let's do whatever it takes too get to those playoff championship games. What do you say?

A mobile qb forces the defense to take a defender out of coverage to spy the qb, so a great dual threat qb > great pocket passer. Makes it considerably easier to get wrs open by moving around. Problem is you don't find many true dual threat qbs, most are like Thomas at GT, great runners with big arms but mediocre qb ability in terms of reads and accuracy (because they were able to dominate hs competition with legs and never had to learn to throw)

Advertisement
Back