Nebraska Tickets

NEBRCANE

Recruit
Diehard Canes fan in Nebraska looking for tickets. Is there someone I can contact at the Miami ticket office to buy tickets for this game. People up here are selling them at crazy prices.

Advertisement
No, UM is sold out of them. This is going to be our 30th consecutive year having at least 3 season tickets and we couldn't get them because we didn't donate enough money this year. Absurd. Spoke to an assistant AD about it and he basically said loyalty to the program means nothing, all they care about is how much you are giving to the school this​ year. Had to get a friend who was in a higher donation level to request them for us since he wasn't planning on making the trip.

This is literally the first time in 30 years we couldn't get tickets to a game we wanted to go to through UM (and we usually go to all the big away games).

Bought mine a couple weeks back!! Sitting in section 18 row 31, good luck on the search. Anything lower level on the sidelines higher than row 39 be aware of pillars blocking the view of the field.

No, UM is sold out of them. This is going to be our 30th consecutive year having at least 3 season tickets and we couldn't get them because we didn't donate enough money this year. Absurd. Spoke to an assistant AD about it and he basically said loyalty to the program means nothing, all they care about is how much you are giving to the school this​ year. Had to get a friend who was in a higher donation level to request them for us since he wasn't planning on making the trip.

This is literally the first time in 30 years we couldn't get tickets to a game we wanted to go to through UM (and we usually go to all the big away games).

So if they have a limited amount of tickets, not enough to satisfy demand, and you want tickets to a game THIS SEASON, they should turn down someone who has donated more THIS SEASON to give you their seats THIS SEASON?

This is the problem with our fan base. You've donated for a while? Awesome. And according to you, you've gotten everything your heart desired all along the way. Tickets to every game. Demand is high for this game, limited seats. You shouldn't get tickets over a higher donor, sorry.

I'm not saying you are lying but there had to be some issue besides money, maybe a ***** up in the ticket office. I have donated the same amount and had season tickets for 15 years and had no problem getting 4 to Nebraska. And our season tickets aren't in the club seats so they aren't super expensive.

Advertisement

So if they have a limited amount of tickets, not enough to satisfy demand, and you want tickets to a game THIS SEASON, they should turn down someone who has donated more THIS SEASON to give you their seats THIS SEASON?

This is the problem with our fan base. You've donated for a while? Awesome. And according to you, you've gotten everything your heart desired all along the way. Tickets to every game. Demand is high for this game, limited seats. You shouldn't get tickets over a higher donor, sorry.

I think donor level should be aggregate for things like this, yes, and I think that is a very reasonable expectation. Instead your donor level is set back to 0 every year. So some schmoe with club seats this season that's never been to a hurricane game in his life deserves tickets over someone who has donated 10x what he has over the years? I guess you can have that opinion, but I certainly don't agree with it or think it's outrageous to think loyalty and past donations should have more weight than they currently do.

I'm not saying you are lying but there had to be some issue besides money, maybe a ***** up in the ticket office. I have donated the same amount and had season tickets for 15 years and had no problem getting 4 to Nebraska. And our season tickets aren't in the club seats so they aren't super expensive.

No screwup, I talked with the asst. AD in charge of tix personally. We couldn't afford to donate any more than the amount included in our season tickets (lower level). You obviously have more expensive tickets (and 1 more than us) which put you in a higher donor level this year.

Last edited:

No screwup, I talked with the asst. AD in charge of tix personally. We couldn't afford to donate any more than the amount included in our season tickets (lower level). You obviously have more expensive tickets (and 1 more than us) which put you in a higher donor level this year.

Sorry to hear. We have 4 tickets in the lower level about the 40 yard line.

Last I heard UM does do an aggregate program. Because when they changed to it they lost a few of my years records and I had to email them conformations and Hurricane Club cards to prove.

Advertisement
Back