ND was probably the last "big game" we played

Advertisement
Clemson is 77-5 in their last 82 football games

They played for a Natty in 2015, won a Natty in 2016, Went 12-2 in 2017, won a Natty in 2018, and played for a Natty in 2019.

They're the #1 team in the country with the best QB prospect of the last 20 years.

We play them at Clemson, where they have won 23 consecutive games, which happens to be the longest home winning streak currently in the country.

They have won 31 consecutive ACC regular season games, which is the longest streak in the history of the conference.

We are 2-0, ranked #8 in the country with the literal current Heisman Trophy frontrunner playing QB, and we just put the worst beatdown on our most hated rival in the 65 year history of the series.

If we go into that building, we are ******* back and none of you can tell me a god**** thing.
This is the guy right here that I want on the barstool next to me.

UM’s obstinance has been the reason that we haven’t been back all these years. It took us a while but we now know the formula for a school that is located in the midst of the most fertile recruiting region in the country ..sound recruiting with emphasis on a competent QB + a 21st century college football offense= Top 10-15 every year. Every **** year! We may not be a Bama or a Clemson but we will be relevant every **** year.

I’d say LSU.

This is the biggest conference game since VT in 17. This game is way bigger than that one.

Back is when you compete annually. Remember when Texas was back because they beat Georgia in the Sugar bowl a couple of years ago. Then last year happened and they are back to being only mildly relevant.
Texas are still not threatening on a national level.

Advertisement
See the ND game day segment when Jimmy Johnson is asked whether the U is "back" (@10:44).
Classic response (with a shrug).

Last edited:
By the power of Grayskull that's a lot of words...

For gods sake USE PARAGRAPHS bro

Clemson is 77-5 in their last 82 football games

They played for a Natty in 2015, won a Natty in 2016, Went 12-2 in 2017, won a Natty in 2018, and played for a Natty in 2019.

They're the #1 team in the country with the best QB prospect of the last 20 years.

We play them at Clemson, where they have won 23 consecutive games, which happens to be the longest home winning streak currently in the country.

They have won 31 consecutive ACC regular season games, which is the longest streak in the history of the conference.

We are 3-0, ranked #8 in the country with the literal current Heisman Trophy frontrunner playing QB, and we just put the worst beatdown on our most hated rival in the 65 year history of the series.

If we go into that building and win, we are ******* back and none of you can tell me a god**** thing.
This^****^right^here^!

Aint no way in the world Miami ain’t back with a win next Saturday.

Advertisement
Win a championship! THAT is being back
**** at least win ACC champ game and get
To playoffs
Anything less, we aren’t back

We’re 12-12 in the last 2 seasons with multiple losses to Group of 5 teams and MFers on this site really like “We AiNT bACk TiLL wE wiN NaTTYs”. Lmfao I watched this team lose to FI-*******-U last year. If you don’t think I won’t be the absolute single most ignorant son of a ***** in the whole state of South Carolina if we win next wkend, you are out of your god**** mind.

We’re 12-12 in the last 2 seasons with multiple losses to Group of 5 teams and MFers on this site really like “We AiNT bACk TiLL wE wiN NaTTYs”. Lmfao I watched this team lose to FI-*******-U last year. If you don’t think I won’t be the absolute single most ignorant son of a ***** in the whole state of South Carolina if we win next wkend, you are out of your god**** mind.

I'm still not sure how you stand on this question . . . :unsure:

Advertisement
Preach, m’******! Preach!

I apologize in my original sort of babbling post because I don't think I made clear what I was trying to ask. I'm not asking if we beat Clemson are we "back". I am asking do you sense that the feeling of being back will be legit this time around the same way it was when we beat FSU in 2000. During that time, we couldn't officially say we were back because we hadn't won the Natty but there was the sense we were back on the scene and the feeling was real. If we beat Clemson will the feeling be real unlike the previous times we were supposedly "back"...its very possible you still wont know what the **** im asking after this post so let me apologize again in advanace...haha

I would argue every game as big because in their each their own way, contribute to the campaign of hoisting the hardware at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Just give me a year like LSU had last year or how Auburn had with CAM and Marshall. Anything after that I will deal with it at that time.

For us it is simple.

Win and recruits come.

11 wins and a strong showing in January makes us hot on the recruiting trail.

Get some superstars across a couple position groups and identify underrated cornerbacks and linebackers better. Add this to what Manny is doing and we can be a top 5-8 team talent wise year in, year out.

Oh, we beat Clemson, we're back. That's the number one team in the land, or **** close to it. Are we sustainably back, that's a different question entirely. That day, we're considered a contender, that's back to me.

Well put.

2020 is an anomaly of a season because of King. 2021 will be a different beast as the Canes aren't in "reload" mode yet recruiting-wise and two deep-wise.

Anyone who says ND wasn't a big game is dumb, that game was supposed to give us the inside track to the CFP. ND would have been in the CFP had they beaten us, we just blew it against PITT then got our asses kicked against Clemson

That being said we still had a chance at the playoffs in the ACCCG and that was our last big game where we got smoked

Advertisement
Back