NCCA Tournament Open Thread

It was wild. The refs seemed to call it more even in OT and sure enough UNC bounces back then.

Once they had started giving all these calls to Baylor, there was one specific play that just made it so beyond obvious they wanted a Baylor comeback. UNC broke the press, and then a UNC player was getting trapped with his dribble alive and he tried to go around it near the half court line. There was an obvious block on Baylor that pushed the UNC player over the half court line and they called back court violation on UNC.

I do not want to be here defending UNC lmao but that **** was bad.
Well no surprise, said this during our game with USC, just because a team is down and playing frantic defense, shouldn't mean teams are allowed to do whatever. Really drives me nuts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Heck of a game by Michigan. Tennessee fell in love with the 3 and it cost them this game. Not sure why James doesn't take the ball inside more.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I only watched a bit of the game but the officiating seemed pretty skewed at the end.
I thought it was one of the better officiated games, let them play for the most part. Difference in the game was Tennessee taking and missing a bunch of 3's and Barnes getting out coached. Tennessee was 28/67 overall, if you take out the 2/18 3's, they were 26/49. Why Barnes didn't stop that, I don't know.

Last edited:
I thought it was one of the better officiated games, let them play for the most part. Difference in the game was Tennessee taking and missing a bunch of 3's and Barnes getting out coached. Tennessee was 28/67 overall, if you take out the 2/18 3's, they were 26/49. Why Barnes didn't stop that, I don't know.

I dunno… I only saw the last couple minutes but they called a block that looked like a charge (didn’t show replay but Tenn defender looked to have position outside the restricted area), then they called a ticky foul on Tenn and then no called clear arm contact by Michigan on tenn’s next possession… that sequence was when Michigan took the lead.

Advertisement
Back