NCCA Tournament Open Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Baylor was going to win if Mayer didn't get hurt with a minute and a half left. Led to an easy bucket for UNC on the other end to stretch the lead back to a couple possessions and took away Baylor's biggest three-point threat. I've been torn watching this. Felt bad for UNC because of the way the officiating contributed. But also kinda want to see a massive comeback for the fun of it.

Advertisement
Baylor was going to win if Mayer didn't get hurt with a minute and a half left. Led to an easy bucket for UNC on the other end to stretch the lead back to a couple possessions and took away Baylor's biggest three-point threat. I've been torn watching this. Felt bad for UNC because of the way the officiating contributed. But also kinda want to see a massive comeback for the fun of it.
OT. Mayer back in, Must have got a pain killer shot.

UNC can't settle for that three at the end. Make the refs blow the whistle on a drive to the basket. They've called fouls on everything in the last 10 minutes. Gives yourself a chance for a putback too. Maybe the kid is just exhausted though. Hard to imagine UNC can hang with Baylor in OT at this point but who knows.

Ref: Did he say time out? I think he said time out. If it wasn’t spoken, he defintley thought it. Time out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No the refs completely ****ed it. It was beyond obvious they were trying to get Baylor back in the game. Look at the reddit postgame thread. Fans of every team agreeing it was absolute bull**** in favor of Baylor.
I hope I can find a stream, seems like chaos happened. Manek thrown out, Love fouled out, and UNC won in overtime? Just as shocking as the comeback appeared to be.

I hope I can find a stream, seems like chaos happened. Manek thrown out, Love fouled out, and UNC won in overtime? Just as shocking as the comeback appeared to be.
It was wild. The refs seemed to call it more even in OT and sure enough UNC bounces back then.

Once they had started giving all these calls to Baylor, there was one specific play that just made it so beyond obvious they wanted a Baylor comeback. UNC broke the press, and then a UNC player was getting trapped with his dribble alive and he tried to go around it near the half court line. There was an obvious block on Baylor that pushed the UNC player over the half court line and they called back court violation on UNC.

I do not want to be here defending UNC lmao but that **** was bad.

Advertisement
Back