Official NCAA Tourney Thread

It continues. Never seen anything like it.
1711979760993.gif

Advertisement
Haven’t seen this since the 80’s. NCSt Men & Women in Final 4. Don’t think that’s happened since UConn in the late 90’s early 2000’s. Both schools clear underdogs to begin the season & got hot at the right moment.
UCONN men’s and women’s won the championship in the same year in ‘04 and 14.

Just got hot at the right. Other than a 5 game stretch during the season, he was pretty pedestrian. So similar to 83 NC State team although that team struggled until Wittenburg returned. Also first year of 3 point shot and NC State and specifically Wittenburg were unbelievable from 3. NC State has to go through Edey and then UConn. Good luck with that.
i never saw Burns play at a pedestrian level. Back to previous season (2022-23), he always impressed me.

Footwork, passing, baby soft touch on his shots and rebounding/space-eating always first rate in my book. Where he was double team,ed, the scoring numbers may not have been there but ... he could still beat you in so many ways.

Clingan, Edey and Burns... a big man's FF. IMO, Clingan's the best of the lot. Size and skill and a quick jumper.

Advertisement
NC State looks like the stronger, bigger, and much more athletic team. Won’t matter if they don’t get rebounds or shots though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This UCONN team is better than last years. Is this the best two year run since Woden’s UCLA teams that win a billion in a row?

UF’s teams would not beat UCONN.

What about 90s Duke? I think they beat them too.

Last edited:
UConn’s lowest win margin in the last two tournaments was 13 points….and that was against yours truly

Advertisement
Dan Hurley year 1….garbage
Year 2….garbage
Year 3……tournament, but first round exit
Year 4…….tournament, but first round exit

Hmm. Seems this guy stinks. This is UConn. 4 years and never out of the first round? He’s a bum.

Next 2 seasons:

67-11 and back to back nattys.

Sometimes, it takes time.

Dan Hurley year 1….garbage
Year 2….garbage
Year 3……tournament, but first round exit
Year 4…….tournament, but first round exit

Hmm. Seems this guy stinks. This is UConn. 4 years and never out of the first round? He’s a bum.

Next 2 seasons:

67-11 and back to back nattys.

Sometimes, it takes time.
He was 19-12 his second year. How is that garbage? He was 16-17 his first year. Considering he took over a team that had its previous season wiped from the record, that’s kinda impressive.

This UCONN team is better than last years. Is this the best two year run since Woden’s UCLA teams that win a billion in a row?

UF’s teams would not beat UCONN.

What about 90s Duke? I think they beat them too.
Dunno who’d win but not gonna hate, the threesome of Brewer, Noah and Horford were pretty **** good & the repeat was a forgone conclusion.
And as far as early 90s Duke, I wouldn’t bet against Leattner, Hurley and Hill.

Advertisement
Back