Official NCAA Tourney Thread

A veteran big who can come off the bench and give 6/4 is better than anything we've had in a while. Walker couldn't do that, Aire and Rodney Miller certainly could not, and neither did Nwoko (think he eventually could but he's transferring out for some odd reason).

So no, I'm not trolling. A guy like Middlebrooks fills a void that this roster has sorely lacked for years. The last time I could think of us having a decent big off the bench was Julian Gamble.

The load that we continue to ask Omier to shoulder is criminal. No center should have to play 35+ minutes a game.

So basically, you're asking to add someone with the productivity of Ebuka Izundu or Sam Waardenberg, just without the upside of Sam, who could space the floor, pass from the post and was a better rim protector, despite being played out of position his entire career. The two players from Miami I just named were guys this fanbase wanted ridden out of town on a rail for most of their careers. Middlebrooks is a replacement level big, nothing wrong with it, but to act like he was some kind of revelation because he had an outlier night in the NCAA Tournament is a bit much. If he was here, he would be a guy, nothing more, nothing less. Ironically enough, he's an older version of Nwoko, if you look at his career trajectory, and that's not even including that Nwoko is a lot more athletic, albeit raw. Looking at his numbers, guy can't even be tall at a high level, which is pretty bad if you ask me. How can you be so mediocre at getting rebounds in a system where people are trying to tie down Burns, leaving you likely open?

Miami needs to find a big to go alongside Omier, but a replacement level big isn't going to help Norchad as much as people think. Get a solid, legitimate ACC starter type of big. Doesn't even need to be a superstar, just someone that can give you 8-12 PPG and 4-8 RPG and shoulder the load of 20-28 MPG.

Advertisement
Absolute ******** call gives Kansas the game. The blue blood bias strikes yet again. What an absolute joke

Ben Middlebrooks with 21 points for Nc state. He’s a local big that I don’t believe we ever recruited. Instead, we’d rather take fliers on guys like Favour Aire. Make it make sense @King of Allapattah
You're preaching to the choir my man. I've been saying it for years.

By the way, the clean block at the end of the Kansas game that you're alluding to was made by a Florida kid (AJ Stanton) as well. LOL!!!

You're preaching to the choir my man. I've been saying it for years.

By the way, the clean block at the end of the Kansas game that you're alluding to was made by a Florida kid (AJ Stanton) as well. LOL!!!
What an awful call. I don't think they can review fouls so there's nothing that could be done. I'm not a conspiracy theorist I just think it was a shi**y call. 9 times out of 10 on a play like that there's contact on the arm so the ref was just on autopilot, didn't trust his eyes, or thought he saw something he didn't.

Advertisement
3rd year in a row that the narrative is how great the sec is and the acc was trash, only for the opposite to play out in the post season

I still remember Auburn claiming the tough sec schedule was the reason they fell to us that year. Only for acc to have 3 teams in the elite 8 to their 0.

3rd year in a row that the narrative is how great the sec is and the acc was trash, only for the opposite to play out in the post season

I still remember Auburn claiming the tough sec schedule was the reason they fell to us that year. Only for acc to have 3 teams in the elite 8 to their 0.
Looks like gators going down to Colorado who have 90 points with 5 min. to go.

Those two and Cruz Uceda caught so much **** and we could’ve used any of them the past couple years.
Cruz Uceda was the perfect instant offense guy, the issue is that he couldn't defend my late grandmother. That said, he would have been a welcome addition to this year's team, because at least he could provide additional scoring punch, and space the floor a little.

Advertisement
I don’t see UK going with a non-household name, personally.

And Tang hasn’t been a head coach long but he’s 57 and just signed an extension that would tack on an additional 6 million to the 33 for Calipari’s buyout. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t know that a guy that age with as little success as he has would move the needle for that fanbase, and that’s a lot of money to pay just for a guy with a 45-25 career record.

Maybe they swoop in and get Dusty May before Louisville can just to little brother them.
Dusty's coaching this season left a LOT to be desired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
SEC and vaunted Mountain West. Both stinko!
The MW still has Utah ST & San Diego ST left in the tourney.

And none of their 1st round losses were upsets, they were the lower seed in both matchups.

The SEC was the higher seed in every loss they had.

Advertisement
Back