NCAA - The Farce Unveiled

Advertisement
Advertisement
We’ve long known the NCAA was a joke from our own personal experiences as fans of this program. The inconsistencies of “punishment” given to some programs for relatively minor things, and turning a blind eye to major issues regarding other programs or simply levying “show clause” punishments that go no where.

The NCAA have acted as a governing body to give the facade of unifying amateurs sports, yet COVID-19 has completely debunked this notion. It’s been since March that COVID-19 became a world pandemic. During this time, March Madness cancelled, the NBA cancelled, NHL cancelled, the entire sports world cancelled. It’s been since March that the NBA, NHL, MLB, PGA, UFC, Wrasslin’ all put their heads together, and came up w/ feasible plans to restart.

The NCAA had even MORE time to put their heads together, you know, as a “unified body” to come up w/ a plan. These professional sports gave templates for restarts, yet the NCAA and its members stood by idly. Maybe they relied upon the notion of a vaccine being discovered by the time their season start; although EVERY health expert said it would take many months due to the red tape involved w/ vaccines. Maybe they thought a treatment plan would be in place by the time the season starts; although many health experts repeatedly said they don’t know enough about the virus to say if or when that will happen.

All the NCAA and its conferences did was sit on their @&&, twiddle their thumbs, in hopes of what? And now, it’s unveiled of how dysfunctional this sham of an organization is, and how each conference is in complete disharmony. Why are all these conferences meeting separately?? And why is the governing body not saying chit?

If there is no collegiate sports this yr, shame on all parties involved. 5 months, with a mutha fckin template you go by, and the best we have are students, u know the same students they are “allegedly” concerned about, coming up w/ better propositions than the supposed adults in the room??

If anything, I hope change is made to fix this farce of a governing body, so these allocated funds can be better used. This is extremely unacceptable, by one of the most powerful sports entities in this country.

(Sorry for the rant, but we finally got a team, on paper, worth a **** and we are stuck dealing with incompetencies that didn’t need to be this way. 5 fckin months to have chit to show for, w/ weeks away from kick off. Unbelievable.)
Good work.

Serious question. Is Mark Emmert in a witness protection program somewhere, or did he die and I just haven’t found out yet?

Good work.

Serious question. Is Mark Emmert in a witness protection program somewhere, or did he die and I just haven’t found out yet?

Bro; it’s literally mind boggling. He’s so quick to stick his nose in what our players are doing, including behind the wheel of a rental car, but theeeeeeeeeeee biggest decision that could have a domino effect for the foreseeable future, he’s gone radio silent along w/ the rest of the NCAA. How?? Then wtf r u here for??

It's almost like some people in power don't want the season to happen, and I don't think COVID-19 is the real reason.
As we say ....follow the money. Think about this: Once the BIG and PAC 12 announced their in-conference schedules only, the smaller schools lost their paydays and were left holding an empty bag. Short and long term, that meant the end of many legitimate sports programs throughout the college landscape. Within a few days, the MAC as a conference drops out followed by WAC, etc.. Do you think just maybe the real risk to the Power 5 is rooted more in the liability issues surrounding cancelling those many games (i.e .breach of contract , or a possible argument for a "conspiracy" to crush lower seeded competition, selective enforcement of contractual responsibilities, etc. etc.)?
Those colleges that are screwed and other affected organizations and businesses that relied on the integrity of these institutional organizations (i.e. BIG/PAC conferences/NCAA ) to perform , are not happy campers to say the least; and it would be suicidal for any individual Power 5 university to act individually to back out of games......therefore, better to scrap the whole season as a collective Conference with the excuse of an act of God with no clear "way to protect the players" due to the Covid medical emergency. This way you can spread liability across your Conference.

We’ve long known the NCAA was a joke from our own personal experiences as fans of this program. The inconsistencies of “punishment” given to some programs for relatively minor things, and turning a blind eye to major issues regarding other programs or simply levying “show clause” punishments that go no where.

The NCAA have acted as a governing body to give the facade of unifying amateurs sports, yet COVID-19 has completely debunked this notion. It’s been since March that COVID-19 became a world pandemic. During this time, March Madness cancelled, the NBA cancelled, NHL cancelled, the entire sports world cancelled. It’s been since March that the NBA, NHL, MLB, PGA, UFC, Wrasslin’ all put their heads together, and came up w/ feasible plans to restart.

The NCAA had even MORE time to put their heads together, you know, as a “unified body” to come up w/ a plan. These professional sports gave templates for restarts, yet the NCAA and its members stood by idly. Maybe they relied upon the notion of a vaccine being discovered by the time their season start; although EVERY health expert said it would take many months due to the red tape involved w/ vaccines. Maybe they thought a treatment plan would be in place by the time the season starts; although many health experts repeatedly said they don’t know enough about the virus to say if or when that will happen.

All the NCAA and its conferences did was sit on their @&&, twiddle their thumbs, in hopes of what? And now, it’s unveiled of how dysfunctional this sham of an organization is, and how each conference is in complete disharmony. Why are all these conferences meeting separately?? And why is the governing body not saying chit?

If there is no collegiate sports this yr, shame on all parties involved. 5 months, with a mutha fckin template you go by, and the best we have are students, u know the same students they are “allegedly” concerned about, coming up w/ better propositions than the supposed adults in the room??

If anything, I hope change is made to fix this farce of a governing body, so these allocated funds can be better used. This is extremely unacceptable, by one of the most powerful sports entities in this country.

(Sorry for the rant, but we finally got a team, on paper, worth a **** and we are stuck dealing with incompetencies that didn’t need to be this way. 5 fckin months to have chit to show for, w/ weeks away from kick off. Unbelievable.)
tenor-32.gif

Advertisement
Bro; it’s literally mind boggling. He’s so quick to stick his nose in what our players are doing, including behind the wheel of a rental car, but theeeeeeeeeeee biggest decision that could have a domino effect for the foreseeable future, he’s gone radio silent along w/ the rest of the NCAA. How?? Then wtf r u here for??
LMFAO the man didn't do jacksh*t until August 6 when he sent out an "uhhh, hey guys what's YOUR plan" email to all of the NCAA division directors. D2 & D3 were immediately like "oh, you don't have a plan? WTF, we OUT."

If he put 1/10000000 of the effort in to this as he did into tampering with a federal investigation to get a convicted ponzi schemer to admit he let a Miami player drink some vodka, we wouldn't be here.

August 6...like 5 days ago. Players reported when? Teams been doing their protocol since when?

Yeah basically. Ruined the future and career of two talented players on some penny ante bullshlt, because they rented a nice car once upon a time, but when it’s time up to ante up and kick in, he’s ghost.

You got Chapstick for the butt kissing...
Besides who's D $?
UGK has been my favorite rap outfit since I was like 13 years old and discovered them. I had to buy all the albums when I was down in South Florida cause they don't stock them in Canada. You can think what you want, that's evident based on your insufferable porst history.

Advertisement
UGK has been my favorite rap outfit since I was like 13 years old and discovered them. I had to buy all the albums when I was down in South Florida cause they don't stock them in Canada. You can think what you want, that's evident based on your insufferable porst history.
Whatever floats your boat honey....

The NCAA, like universities, have too much administration. Decisions are made too slowly. People that shouldn't have input are consulted. Time is wasted. Nobody wants blame if things don't go well. It's amusing to watch weak people in situations where none of the outcomes are good. They are inactivated.

Advertisement
Back