NCAA review of Facemask??

Bearly

Baloo's illegitimate Offspring (Bear Snow)
Sooooo is someone going to review Malik almost getting decapitated on that one face mask during the Toledo game? I feel I’m one of the more rational fans, but I think the guy was trying to kill Malik. No joke. 1 game suspension or something???

Advertisement
Yeah that was bad, really bad. He didn't even try to hide it or let go, all the way to the ground.
Malweak even laid there for a while before he got up, could've been serious.

It was a bad face mask but that being said it’s football, it should be a foul and then that’s it, I hate all the suspensions. Guys shouldn’t have to miss time for targeting either, if you want to make it a foul fine but don’t suspend the kid until his second time doing it in a game, and it should never carry over to the next game either, that’s rediculous. If a coach gets kicked out of a game in the second half should he have to set out the first half of the next game? A guy can target the last play of the first half and sit out for 30 minutes of play, or he can do it the first play of the second half and have to sit for 60 minutes. To me it’s football and penalties should be penalties and left in that game and punished in that game.

a glancing, accidental blow gets a kid kicked out of one of the biggest games this year. A opponent trying to literally rip our QB head off is a non issue. I literally do not understand football at this point.

It was a bad face mask but that being said it’s football, it should be a foul and then that’s it, I hate all the suspensions. Guys shouldn’t have to miss time for targeting either, if you want to make it a foul fine but don’t suspend the kid until his second time doing it in a game, and it should never carry over to the next game either, that’s rediculous. If a coach gets kicked out of a game in the second half should he have to set out the first half of the next game? A guy can target the last play of the first half and sit out for 30 minutes of play, or he can do it the first play of the second half and have to sit for 60 minutes. To me it’s football and penalties should be penalties and left in that game and punished in that game.

I mostly agree with you, and for the most part all targeting calls are people trying to unsuccessfully make football plays during the game. This guy grabbed Malik’s facemask and didn’t let go, like didn’t even think about letting go. That goes beyond football for me.

Advertisement
It was almost bad enough that I thought for a second Kosi or JW was going to have to play.

Advertisement
I mostly agree with you, and for the most part all targeting calls are people trying to unsuccessfully make football plays during the game. This guy grabbed Malik’s facemask and didn’t let go, like didn’t even think about letting go. That goes beyond football for me.
I agree with you I think he shoulda been kicked out of the game against us if he’s going to get ejected at all, not another team where he didn’t commit the foul. I don’t like the ejections in the first place but if your going to have them another team shouldn’t benefit from a foul against us. Kinda like a ref saying “there was pass interfierance on the play so that’s a 15 yard penalty and they will also have a ten yard penalty on their first drive next week.” I know it’s a bad analogy but I’d rather it all stay in the same game. And y’all are right if targeting gets you kicked out so should dragging a guy down by his face mask, that’s more avoidable then helmet to helmet imo.

i thought targeting was to help prevent cte. Maybe that’s why a face mask no matter how egregious won’t get ejected

Has anyone seen an ejection after a face mask

Advertisement
I was hoping that one of our OL would have at least shoved the **** guy after that play.
I remember a guy by the name of Kyle Turley grabbing a dude by the face mask and shaking him like he shaking the dust out of a rug then tossing his helmet to midfield for taking a cheep shot at his QB.

I remember a guy by the name of Kyle Turley grabbing a dude by the face mask and shaking him like he shaking the dust out of a rug then tossing his helmet to midfield for taking a cheep shot at his QB.

Great moment. Turley did that because the DB has a hold of the Saint QB’s facemack after the play.

Advertisement
They are kicking guys out of games way too much with targeting already. They need to change the rule. Make the first targeting a 15 yard penalty and then the second one gets you ejected. Some of these like Bandy's against LSU aren't malicious at all and it completely changes games by taking a guy out for a whole game.

May have been my favorite play of the game.

And some classless ****birds forget that there's a person under that helmet. Regardless of Rosier's play, he doesn't deserve to have his head ripped off.

Troll elsewhere.

They are kicking guys out of games way too much with targeting already. They need to change the rule. Make the first targeting a 15 yard penalty and then the second one gets you ejected. Some of these like Bandy's against LSU aren't malicious at all and it completely changes games by taking a guy out for a whole game.
Or make targeting a rolling tally like flagrant and technical fouls in the NBA. Get 2 or 3 in a season and you get a suspension. Plus they need to evaluate the rule. Too many times an offensive player falls into a defender trying to go low, but can't possibly alter his aim after he's committed.

While I'm on that subject, what happened to the step rule when it comes to roughing the passer? We seem to have been hit by some ticky tacky BS there too lately. I thought that roughing the passer was when the defender hits the QB after taking more than one step after the QB releases the football.

Advertisement
Back