NCAA: Orange Bowl Counts As Home L For Canes

Advertisement
If they didn't count what we did in 87 88 and 91 then we would have a 55 game steak in the OB.... Take good with bad

Meh. And we would have had one more win if we'd have gone to Arky State. Whatcha gonna do?

We had several losses in 84 and 85 in the OB before we got rolling on the record so don’t worry about it. We will create another cemetery.

Advertisement
Losing in your home stadium should be considered a home loss...

If they didn't count what we did in 87 88 and 91 then we would have a 55 game steak in the OB.... Take good with bad

And if I recall correctly, Boise State was getting close to the Canes record but took a home loss (to UVA?) in the bowl game that Boise State hosts.

And if I recall correctly, Boise State was getting close to the Canes record but took a home loss (to UVA?) in the bowl game that Boise State hosts.

I think Boise was at 34 or 35 before UVA beat them this year, so not really that close to 58. TCU beat them in 2011 and UVA beat them this year. They had like a 40 game winning streak from when BC beat them in the bowl in their stadium in 2005 until the TCU game in 2011.

Advertisement
And interesting side note the Dolphins also hold the NFL home win streak at 27.

Yale would have the record at 74 if not for a 5pt loss in the middle of two 37 game win streaks.

Yale would have the record at 74 if not for a 5pt loss in the middle of two 37 game win streaks.

Then it would have been a 75 game streak

Advertisement

Then it would have been a 75 game streak

LMAO, I knew someone would pick that up. In addition Miami holds the longest winning streak in college sports at 137, mens tennis.

Nope.

https://www.deseretnews.com/top/140...uash-Longest-winning-streaks-of-all-time.html

Ive never been into these kind of streaks...

More Gibberish stats that ESPin likes to trout out when they are hyping up whoever

Just win the natty

Advertisement

I think Boise was at 34 or 35 before UVA beat them this year, so not really that close to 58. TCU beat them in 2011 and UVA beat them this year. They had like a 40 game winning streak from when BC beat them in the bowl in their stadium in 2005 until the TCU game in 2011.

Nah - they were getting up there back in 2011 and if they didn't count their bowl game, they would have broken the streak:

The Broncos won 47 straight home conference games from 1999 to 2011 and were undefeated at home in conference play during their 10 years in the WAC (40–0). The Broncos are 111–5 (.949) in regular season home games since 1999, and had a winning streak of 65 regular season games from 2001 to 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boise_State_Broncos_football

Not when tickets are split between teams equally. Not when the other teams logo and names are painted on the field and printed all over the stadium. Not when 99% of other teams will never play in their home stadium for a bowl because their stadiums don’t have them.

It’s not a true home game. That’s BS by the NCAA

Not when tickets are split between teams equally. Not when the other teams logo and names are painted on the field and printed all over the stadium. Not when 99% of other teams will never play in their home stadium for a bowl because their stadiums don’t have them.

It’s not a true home game. That’s BS by the NCAA

I was at the OB game. It’s obvious you weren’t. It was 70-30 Miami fans. The game was played in our stadium. That game is and should be considered a home game no matter how you spin it. Can’t believe you’re even arguing this.

Advertisement
Back