NCAA first win ladies moving on

Advertisement
I noticed in the post press conference a reporter asked Katie barely legible something about I think the lockeroom and she upsettingly said she would not talk about it. Anyone know if something happened during or after the game ?

Good crowd. Students came out. Manny was in the house and Lots of Gold Coast fans. Sunday game at 7pm will show if we have legitimate support. Judging by the number of posts on this board we won't. Real shame.

Advertisement
I noticed in the post press conference a reporter asked Katie barely legible something about I think the lockeroom and she upsettingly said she would not talk about it. Anyone know if something happened during or after the game ?

Don't know for sure, but during the 2nd half she sat Beatrice Mompremier for an extended amount of time. The announcers were questioning her decision because it came during FGCU's run.

Don't know for sure, but during the 2nd half she sat Beatrice Mompremier for an extended amount of time. The announcers were questioning her decision because it came during FGCU's run.

Interesting Katie really got angry at that question now I get it thanks.

Good crowd. Students came out. Manny was in the house and Lots of Gold Coast fans. Sunday game at 7pm will show if we have legitimate support. Judging by the number of posts on this board we won't. Real shame.
I'm really glad to hear that (the good crowd). Was it a 'different" student crowd from Men's games, meaning more women students showing up to support the Lady Canes?

If you consider that a good crowd for a HOME NCAA Tournament game, then you have pathetically low expectations. Miami has 10,000+ undergrads, there were fewer than 300 students there, judging from both live shots and pictures of the crowd. Think about how few students that is. You get rallies on Foote Green that are better attended. Did I mention that student admission was FREE with an active Cane Card? Yep, it was shameful, and you could hear more people cheering for FGCU, than you did Miami on the broadcast.

The game itself was a case of surviving and advancing. What bothers me about this team is that when they have a team down, they sometimes don't finish a squad off. Miami should have cruised to a win, they had FGCU ready to quit, but allowed them to crawl back in the game. I get that FGCU is a tough matchup due to them playing a unique style, but we saw that when Miami played sound perimeter D, the game was in hand. FGCU(Nor any basketball team) is going to hit long jumpers at a high rate if there's a hand consistently in their face. Miami didn't close out worth a **** for long stretches, and that's unacceptable.

I hope they get it in gear against ASU, because the Sun Devils have the talent to compete and win if Miami doesn't play the kind of ball they are capable of playing.

Advertisement
Quite pleased by all the success, but wonder if anyone else feeling a bit annoyed at Hoff's recent rebounding "style"... more than seems necessary, instead of trying to grab the ball, she tries to bat it out to the perimeter, presumably to a lady Cane out there. During the FGCU comeback, at least 3 of these attempts went right to the other team's player, when it seemed she might have had a good chance of grabbing it off the board instead.

Still think she is wonderful and having a great season!

If you consider that a good crowd for a HOME NCAA Tournament game, then you have pathetically low expectations. Miami has 10,000+ undergrads, there were fewer than 300 students there, judging from both live shots and pictures of the crowd. Think about how few students that is. You get rallies on Foote Green that are better attended. Did I mention that student admission was FREE with an active Cane Card? Yep, it was shameful, and you could hear more people cheering for FGCU, than you did Miami on the broadcast.

The game itself was a case of surviving and advancing. What bothers me about this team is that when they have a team down, they sometimes don't finish a squad off. Miami should have cruised to a win, they had FGCU ready to quit, but allowed them to crawl back in the game. I get that FGCU is a tough matchup due to them playing a unique style, but we saw that when Miami played sound perimeter D, the game was in hand. FGCU(Nor any basketball team) is going to hit long jumpers at a high rate if there's a hand consistently in their face. Miami didn't close out worth a **** for long stretches, and that's unacceptable.

I hope they get it in gear against ASU, because the Sun Devils have the talent to compete and win if Miami doesn't play the kind of ball they are capable of playing.

As always great points by Canedude girls will have to step up against ASU. They think the PAC 10 is the best conference. Iwould give the crowd a pass against FSU they had over 2000 which is a step in the right direction. This board reflects the lack of interest we need not have to go further than that.

No one will ever care about women’s college basketball in south Florida. We can barely draw more then 4k fans when the men’s team is good for crying out loud.

Advertisement
No one will ever care about women’s college basketball in south Florida. We can barely draw more then 4k fans when the men’s team is good for crying out loud.

And the same people that can't make it to this, wonder why this athletic department is always looking at the bottom line. No one is expecting UConn or Tennessee crowds, but you'd think an NCAA Tournament regional would draw more than a piddling 800-1000 people. Especially when you consider that the tickets were free for students. You'd think 5% of the undergrad student body could have made it out. Then again, I'm not shocked, our student attendance has always been **** poor.

Maybe the Mens games should all be free too? Would we get "real" sellouts then?

Outside of this season, Miami has had righteous sellouts in regards to the men's. The thing that a lot of people forget is that a lot of our fans buy season packages, but then sit on the tickets or try to flip the seats on the secondary market. Problem is that people down here aren't going to buy tickets on the secondary market, so a lot of those tickets go unused. The school doesn't care if you show up at that point, because they've already collected the funds for the seat.

Advertisement
Outside of this season, Miami has had righteous sellouts in regards to the men's. The thing that a lot of people forget is that a lot of our fans buy season packages, but then sit on the tickets or try to flip the seats on the secondary market. Problem is that people down here aren't going to buy tickets on the secondary market, so a lot of those tickets go unused. The school doesn't care if you show up at that point, because they've already collected the funds for the seat.

You're telling me that a large percentage of the so-called "sell out" crowds we had in past, good seasons somehow bought their season tix with no intention of ever actually going to games? Who does that??? We rarely had a real full house (defined as azzes in seats) for even ACC games. It was, and remains, embarrassing!

You're telling me that a large percentage of the so-called "sell out" crowds we had in past, good seasons somehow bought their season tix with no intention of ever actually going to games? Who does that??? We rarely had a real full house (defined as azzes in seats) for even ACC games. It was, and remains, embarrassing!

What I'm saying is that a lot of people buy season tickets just for the big games(That's not even including the FSU alumni that buy season tickets just for that one game). You're better off price wise if the only games you want to see is the Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Louisville, Virginia matchups. Even if you skip every single other game, you are still coming out on top, compared to attempting to buy tickets on the secondary market. Even when Miami was among the nation's best in 2012, with an extremely exciting style of play, there were late season ACC games that looked half full. Why? Because people aren't going to come out to see Miami, even arguably the best Miami team in program history play Georgia Tech. That's my point.

Again, what does this program gain by saying "We sold out of season ticket packages" and they didn't? They would be DISCOURAGING potential late adopters. When you account for the midsize capacity of the Watsco Center, the amount of student tickets, and other factors(The concept that **** near no one buys ONE season ticket, they buy at least a pair), it's not that tough to believe that Miami could sell that many season tickets, especially playing in a conference where you are assured of at least 2 elite teams coming down every season. The problem is that people will only show up if it's an event, and Miami playing Clemson in basketball is never going to be an event. Look at the Heat during the Big 3 era as an example. I went to plenty of Heat games at the time, they were technically sell outs, but if they were playing a garbage team, it could be mighty empty in spots.

Advertisement
Back