NCAA extends dead period until May 31 for all sports

Advertisement
the higher ups are ready to get things back to normal or at least take it out of their hands. schools are ready. the NCAA has been steadily coming around to the belief that the schools should make the decision on how they want to handle things going forward based off their states guidance/recommendations. however, people way above the NCAA's pay grade have come on them. NCAA hands are kind of tied right now.

This
I understand both sides of it...but lack of evals and this idiotic IC issue not being addressed combined together is disgusting for so many.

Correct.

If the NCAA REEEEEAAAALLY gave a ****e and wanted to do something for the kids (and something with their massive stockpile of cash), they would set up "career fair" camps in different regions of the country, where HS kids could showcase themselves and meet/talk with college coaches (under the NCAA's watchful eye, of course). With lots of mask-wearing and safe social distancing too.

the higher ups are ready to get things back to normal or at least take it out of their hands. schools are ready. the NCAA has been steadily coming around to the belief that the schools should make the decision on how they want to handle things going forward based off their states guidance/recommendations. however, people way above the NCAA's pay grade have come on them. NCAA hands are kind of tied right now.

All of this may be true.

But it also doesn't change the fact that some states have heavy-lockdown on their college campuses, which creates a complete imbalance when it comes to official visits.

Again, I'm not justifying it, I'm simply explaining the context in which the NCAA keeps pushing back the end of the dead period.

Advertisement
I’d be willing to bet this dead period continues through the fall season. Maybe all year.

As long as Covid is significant in the environment, and by significant I mean we have not reached full immunity or herd immunity, and there are still reportable numbers, they’re going to keep doing it.

As has been already said, I don’t think this hurts us, I think it’s a has a slight benefit or maybe more.
This. This is good thing for us. Not sure why people are complaining about it but whatevs. Díaz needs to capitalize on this.

Advertisement
Back