NCAA bows down to PSU; Shalala really didn't do much for UM!

Yeah, the people gloating about how well Shalala handled the NCAA (Bomb and some others that are still here) look pretty foolish.

They looked foolish bc all Shalala did was hire Glazier to handle it. Then she and Fat Al show up at hearings to take all the credit.
Dopes

Advertisement
That's straight up bullsh!t I am sorry you had boys knowingly being raped on campus they should not have a program period

Using football facilities to run a football camp. I'm sure PSU wasn't writing off the use of its facilities by nonprofit either--thus financially benefitting from it

Two entirely different situations and I am left to assume that the NCAA only capitulated because it was made plain to them that they had over stepped their legal authority in the case OR had circumvented due process in some way.and their lawyers were telling them they were about to go down in flames for it.

On the face of it - it's utter bull**** that pedo state has essentially won back almost all of their punishments but I wouldn't go so far as to compare the situations as ours never resulted in a protracted legal back and forth. (We just got the long *** protracted investigation). Keep in mind how badly we all wanted resolution by that time, too. And Donna did play a game of chicken with Emmert and won (to a degree). We sought a speedy resolution which is what we ended up receiving by revealing their underhanded tactics.

I'd like to point out to you two that Penn State also gave the NCAA an additional $60 million on top of the previous penalty. But then again, that's the problem when two people, such as yourselves, comment on something they have no idea about. But good effort.

Yeah, the people gloating about how well Shalala handled the NCAA (Bomb and some others that are still here) look pretty foolish.

They looked foolish bc all Shalala did was hire Glazier to handle it. Then she and Fat Al show up at hearings to take all the credit.
Dopes

Advertisement
Psu football program should be shut down. It operated as a pedophile bath house for deacades. It was run by child molesters for decades. Golden and dnofrio should also be banned from coaching.

it gave no competitive advantage to the football team. this was a crime not an NCAA violation.

And if she didn't respond to the ncaa?? Everyone would be complaining she didn't fight back....lose lose situation for her

The ncaa was trying to bend us over backward, media was all.against us...once she came out and challenged Emmert do you remember how quickly the tide turned in our favor.

I'm no Shalala apologist I think she's done good for the university but has not done right by athletics

Shalaylee doesn't do things for the football program, she does things TO the football program. Under Foote the program had one 6 loss season in 20 years. Under Shalaylee in the last 10 years I think they've had five 6 loss seasons and this last 7 loss season. Before Shalaylee, the Canes averaged almost 10 wins a year for 20 years, including during a much more severe probation period. Excluding the first 3 years under Shalaylee, which she deserves no credit for, the Canes have never won 10 games. She can't leave soon enough.

Advertisement
I'd like to point out to you two that Penn State also gave the NCAA an additional $60 million on top of the previous penalty. But then again, that's the problem when two people, such as yourselves, comment on something they have no idea about. But good effort.

Dopes
You think this is about money?

Advertisement
Back