NCAA approves transfer rule.

I wonder if this changes the bag game ?
I would be hesitant to offer the big signing bonuses knowing they can just bounce once the check cashes

Nah, it shouldn't. If anything, bag game will be more incentivized - $ upfront, and then $$$ after kid stays at the school for 2-3 years. Or, upfront bags can be as big and the school can institute scare tactics into these kids and their families if they decide to bail. I'm sure the bag schools will find a way around it

Advertisement
What does the math say the right answer is? Or is it simpler just to replenish ICs for transfers?

15 extra ICs over 4 seasons and 40 over 5 is not enough, thats for sure.

Well...

Miami doesn't have a lot of kids getting arrested/kicked off team. Miami doesn't have a lot of kids who flunk out.

And the NCAA pushes Academic Progress Rate and graduation, which Miami does very well with.

So, in reality, we don't really need to INCREASE the overall numbers, if we can just REPLACE transfers-out with transfers-in.

Again, if the NCAA really cares about academic progress and graduation, this would SEEM to be a no-brainer. Let a kid keep on keeping on at a new school. He still gets a diploma. What's the harm?

That's it. Just a 1-for-1 "refresh" of ICs that can ONLY be used for transfer signees, and NOT to increase the high school signings.

They comin!

1618516848730.png

It’s gonna be fun reading the future arguments about taking kids that spurned us once

Advertisement
Well...

Miami doesn't have a lot of kids getting arrested/kicked off team. Miami doesn't have a lot of kids who flunk out.

And the NCAA pushes Academic Progress Rate and graduation, which Miami does very well with.

So, in reality, we don't really need to INCREASE the overall numbers, if we can just REPLACE transfers-out with transfers-in.

Again, if the NCAA really cares about academic progress and graduation, this would SEEM to be a no-brainer. Let a kid keep on keeping on at a new school. He still gets a diploma. What's the harm?

That's it. Just a 1-for-1 "refresh" of ICs that can ONLY be used for transfer signees, and NOT to increase the high school signings.
This makes WAAAAAAY too much sense so it either won't happen or it will take 5 years for the NCAA to figure it out.

Advertisement
Back