NCAA approves transfer rule.

Advertisement
Aaaaaannnnd...thousands of kids are still in the Portal ****...

1618441774602.png

Until they change the counters, this is useless. In fact, they act like they’re giving the athletes something, but what they’re actually giving them is a giant fleshy rod in their asses. The portal is already clogged with homeless vagabond drifters, who thought they were on their way to the happy place.

Meanwhile, the schools don’t have to honor scholarships when guys go in the portal. So the vast majority of these guys are dumping their free rides for a place in limbo with no scholarship.

Advertisement
Until they change the counters, this is useless. In fact, they act like they’re giving the athletes something, but what they’re actually giving them is a giant fleshy rod in their asses. The portal is already clogged with homeless vagabond drifters, who thought they were on their way to the happy place.

Meanwhile, the schools don’t have to honor scholarships when guys go in the portal. So the vast majority of these guys are dumping their free rides for a place in limbo with no scholarship.

Giant Fleshy Rod is the name of my **** tape.

And most of those Portal kids are headed for the Sunken Place, not the Happy Place.

Worthless with the IC number changing. It will appear like they give a **** about the athletes on the surface
Bingo. They can present a big, progressive, ground breaking change and still keep punitive incentive so it doesn’t happen. Yeah you can transfer for free, but you won’t get a scholarship cuz we don’t have one for you

Exactly

Hustlin’ Backwards

Advertisement
"In football and men’s basketball combined, nearly 3,000 players—at least one-third of whom are walk-ons—are actively in the portal, according to a list compiled by 247Sports. The number in men’s basketball alone (about 1,200) accounts for about one-fourth of the the available Division I scholarship spots.

Many believe Wednesday’s news will send even more into the online database.

“After that rule comes out, I believe there will be 2,000 [men’s basketball] players in the portal.”

"Across the NCAA, transfer rates continue to soar, according to research from the governing body. Of 12,000 FBS football players, 14.7% transferred in 2019, an uptick of 2% from three years before. In men’s basketball, about 40% of players who enter Division I out of high school depart their initial school by the end of their sophomore year. The four-year transfer rate in men’s hoops has risen from 10% in 2010 to 16% last year. In women’s hoops, the rate was 12% last year."

I wonder if this changes the bag game ?
I would be hesitant to offer the big signing bonuses knowing they can just bounce once the check cashes

Advertisement
I wonder if this changes the bag game ?
I would be hesitant to offer the big signing bonuses knowing they can just bounce once the check cashes
I don’t think it will, because the money seems to be constant and the bag game has way more nuance to it than whether a kid is gonna bounce right away.

What this does more than anything, it kills the NSD. Now a kid can sign and transfer in the matter of days. If I’m a parent, I let my kids know they get two free transfers: this one and GT. Pick the biggest bag upfront then transfer to the school they really like. Graduate early and if you aren’t NFL material, transfer to the best grad program.

"In football and men’s basketball combined, nearly 3,000 players—at least one-third of whom are walk-ons—are actively in the portal, according to a list compiled by 247Sports. The number in men’s basketball alone (about 1,200) accounts for about one-fourth of the the available Division I scholarship spots.

Many believe Wednesday’s news will send even more into the online database.

“After that rule comes out, I believe there will be 2,000 [men’s basketball] players in the portal.”

"Across the NCAA, transfer rates continue to soar, according to research from the governing body. Of 12,000 FBS football players, 14.7% transferred in 2019, an uptick of 2% from three years before. In men’s basketball, about 40% of players who enter Division I out of high school depart their initial school by the end of their sophomore year. The four-year transfer rate in men’s hoops has risen from 10% in 2010 to 16% last year. In women’s hoops, the rate was 12% last year."

I take it they didn't fix the underlying imbalance between ICs and 85 scholly limit?

Advertisement
FA for lack of a better term will hurt kids looking for just a shot at playing somewhere. This will really help recruiting sites IMO trying to help kids get recruited, especially if you come from a high school not known for football or doesn't have offense/defense philosophies geared toward their athletes.

It was always fun watching your offense with the smallest line in the state run power while your athletes are standing on the sidelines. We tended to a lot of concussions for the RB/QB and really needed a better punter. In full disclosure, every once in a while we did try to throw on 3rd and 14.

4* and 5* will be fine but those tweener kids not so much. Extra year of eligibility good for kids already in a program but for kids begging for a shot not so much. Just views from where I sit but coaches may not rush to recruit you pending what they can get in the portal.

Advertisement
Back