NCAA : Another one bites the dust...

1CN

Sophomore
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The NCAA's enforcement staff exodus continues.

Marcus Wilson, the governing body's associate director of enforcement, accepted a new job Monday as associate athletic director for compliance at Maryland.

Wilson spent the last five years at the NCAA's Indy headquarters, the first three as the assistant director of agent, gambling and amateurism activities.

EXCLUSIVE: NCAA investigators speak out

It's another blow for an enforcement staff reeling from the black eye of a botched investigation into the University of Miami and a growing list of personnel changes.

Over the past 16 months, the NCAA has lost two investigators, vice president of enforcement Julie Roe Lach and two directors of enforcement. Former director of enforcement David Didion left his job to take a job at Auburn on April 13.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...wilson-leaves-ncaa-enforcement-staff/2110151/

Advertisement
Sounds to me like folks are being strongly encouraged to get out. That whole division made the NCAA look like fools and has put the NCAA in serious condition. Not surprising there is an exodus either forced by firings or nudged out.

Rats off a sinking ship. Drown, ***gots.

Sounds to me like folks are being strongly encouraged to get out. That whole division made the NCAA look like fools and has put the NCAA in serious condition. Not surprising there is an exodus either forced by firings or nudged out.

I wonder which it is between the two. Are they really rats abandoning the ship or are they being "encouraged" to explore other opportunities?

Either way, it's not a good look for the NCAA.

You little ****roaches... come on. You wanna play games? Okay, I play with you; come on. Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend! -Tony Montana

Advertisement
Rats off a sinking ship. Drown, ***gots.

I wonder which it is between the two. Are they really rats abandoning the ship or are they being "encouraged" to explore other opportunities?

Either way, it's not a good look for the NCAA.

Sometimes the people you want to nudge out are already in full flight. If you wanted to push them, you'd have to chase them down first!

Wow. I didn't know that Didion accepted a job at Auburn. That's no good. Now there is no chance Auburn would get investigated for all of their shadyness.

NCAA guy: Hi Mr. Didion. We've had reports about illegal recruiting tactics and recruits being paid. We'd like to have a conversation with you to discuss.

Mr. Didion: Can you call me back later. Im on the other line with the producer from 60 Minutes. They would like to interview me about what I saw going on while I was working for the NCAA.

NCAA: Oh..uh..uh... you know, my mistake. I'm sure Auburn runs a clean program. It was just a silly lead I was following up on. Have a wonderful day and good luck next season!

they gonna pull some stunt like

the new regime of NCAA phags are not responsible for the actions of the old regime.

Wow. I didn't know that Didion accepted a job at Auburn. That's no good. Now there is no chance Auburn would get investigated for all of their shadyness.

NCAA guy: Hi Mr. Didion. We've had reports about illegal recruiting tactics and recruits being paid. We'd like to have a conversation with you to discuss.

Mr. Didion: Can you call me back later. Im on the other line with the producer from 60 Minutes. They would like to interview me about what I saw going on while I was working for the NCAA.

NCAA: Oh..uh..uh... you know, my mistake. I'm sure Auburn runs a clean program. It was just a silly lead I was following up on. Have a wonderful day and good luck next season!

The whole relationship between the NCAA and it's member institutions has an incestual corruptness about it. It stinks to high heaven. It smell like Congressmen becoming lobbyists.

Advertisement
Cut the ******* head off! That is the only thing that will make a discernable difference.

All of these people leaving the NCAA is not an accident obviously. Emmertt knows the NCAA desperately needs some credibility. He gets the Committee on Infractions to "fix" the Miami problem and not impose any additional penalties and uses them too right the wrong done by the Enforcement Division. Works out well because most of the people that would be thrown under the bus in enforcement will already be gone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
147.jpg

Advertisement
Back