NCAA and the Canes on OTL Right Now

Advertisement
was just going to post this. this should finally start the ESPN wagon rolling in our favor

Is it just me or are any of you annoyed with the growing media meme that Emmert must go?

Personally, I don't like it because I think once they manage to oust him, everyone will be pleased that the problem has been solved and the bloodletting can resume. **** that.....I want to skate. Could care less what happens to Emmert.

Advertisement
Don't care bout Emmert really just think him getting destroyed in the media bodes well for our chances to escape further sanctions.

I like others don't consider that "skating." The NCAA has been ******* us for 3 years now. We have been cost a shot at the ACC twice now. I felt like an unmolested squad in 2011 would have won the coastal, we should have played for the ACC title this year, the 2012 class suffered from the investigation, and our 2013 class kinda got screwed because of it even though we got some great players. If it ends tomorrow we won't be skating but I'd be happy.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1403407 said:
Don't care bout Emmert really just think him getting destroyed in the media bodes well for our chances to escape further sanctions.

I like others don't consider that "skating." The NCAA has been ****ing us for 3 years now. We have been cost a shot at the ACC twice now. I felt like an unmolested squad in 2011 would have won the coastal, we should have played for the ACC title this year, the 2012 class suffered from the investigation, and our 2013 class kinda got screwed because of it even though we got some great players. If it ends tomorrow we won't be skating but I'd be happy.

agreed. even though the "we skate" has just become the hot meme on the board and often a funny response to certain statements, the idea that we are getting off light is idiotic. Skating would have been more along the lines of the original suspensions since they somehow managed to "prove" those allegations in a matter of months even though this investigation has lasted over 2 years. the effect that this scandal has had on the university is truly immeasurable. I totally agree with you that I will be very happy when this ends with no more punishment just for the simple fact that it finally has come to an end.

We skate as in NO ADDITIONAL torture and punishment. We all know full well how damaging this has been.

Back to topic? I don't like how this is going. No one is repeating the dirty details of the report showing the extent they went to nail us (a fully cooperating institution no less). Instead, it seems as if the focus has shifted to assigning blame. I mean, who gives a ****? Not me. I just want a swift resolution. No more of the not knowing what the he'll the future holds.

It's starting to make me cringe when reading about the blame game instead of how completely broken and twisted the enforcement system is and that we are the latest, but not the last, victim of said system unless drastic changes are made.

Just realize that on a national level, this is going to be focused on the NCAA's improprieties and, especially, on Emmert.

The effect of this drawn out sham of an investigation on Miami is a local story, one that some of our major papers seem reluctant to cover. I've been happy that Shalala's statement has gotten the press that it has. Also, just because the media and most of the public at large sees the NCAA for what they are, doesn't mean they are on our side. I'm sure there are still many that would want Emmert's head...but wouldn't mind one bit if we get major sanctions too.

Advertisement
so....we skate?

Don't want to be Debbie ****ing Downer, but 'we skate' should've been removed from our vocabulary after we self administered our second bowl ban.

And especially after the fact comes to light that the NCAA PAID Shapiro's lawyer and Shapiro himself via a burner cell for their information. I'm in disbelief over what's come to light, and nothing in Emmert's actions or words lead me to believe that they want to relent in punishing us.

Advertisement
Didn't they also deposit $4,500 in his prison commissary account. What an insult to the dozens of families he destroyed with his ponzi scheme that the NCAA is paying for all the candy, pepsi, and magazines his heart desires.

so....we skate?

Don't want to be Debbie ****ing Downer, but 'we skate' should've been removed from our vocabulary after we self administered our second bowl ban.

And especially after the fact comes to light that the NCAA PAID Shapiro's lawyer and Shapiro himself via a burner cell for their information. I'm in disbelief over what's come to light, and nothing in Emmert's actions or words lead me to believe that they want to relent in punishing us.

So.. what you're saying is.. we skate??

so....we skate?

So.. what you're saying is.. we skate??

Pretty sure thats what they are saying.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back