Navarro's latest pod

Advertisement
It is, but you also need to look at who left. Our 3 lowest rated recruits left. I am unsure if you can even call them busts if they never really do anything as they were rated so low. One being Realus who obviously needed to find a team with a FB. The ones who left that may or may not be busts: Lingard, Hightower, Ezzard, Jarren Williams. The rest of the class I think was very good.

Jordan Miller (top 2 DT); Pat Joyner (MIA since injury); Rousseau (NFL); Campbell (Starting LT); Dee Wiggins (Starting WR); Ivey (Starting CB); C. Reed (TBD); Mallory (top 2 TE); Frierson (Starting Striker); Hall (Starting S); Harris (Starting RB); Scaife (Starting RG) Blades (Starting CB); Pope (Starting WR or at worst in 2 deep); Silvera (Starting DT); Brevin (Starting TE)

So out of the 23 enrollees, 11 are starting, 3 ( Miller, pope and mallory) may very well be starting, if we had more classes like 2018 we would be a better football team
2018 is one of the better classes we have had lately ( I know doesn't say a ton) . Richt did a lot wrong but his first 2 classes really helped UM. That is undeniable . He left the program with a lot more talent then he inherited . I know that does say a ton again but it is true. Not saying Richt did a good job here , he didn't but recruiting wasn't the reason he failed. It was everything else.

Most people who come to this site are pretty hard core into recruiting. So not a ton of new info, but it really punches you in the face how bad Richt's classes were (for a variety of reasons).

A lot of TBD for the 2018 class, but even there we already have 35% of the class leave the program.

Richt classes
2016 (Joint Golden/Richt) 22
2017 12
2018 8
2019 27

The 2017 and 2018 classes were good, not great. The 2016 class was decent if you consider the circumstances (Golden recruiting a lot of the class for months, and then nobody really recruiting the class in between Golden’s firing and Richt’s hiring.)

The 2019 class was a disaster and is the only recruiting class of Richt’s you can criticize him much for. Diaz was the coach on the February signing day, but the class was actually looking even worse than 27th at the time Richt stepped down.

Richt was a serious upgrade over Golden. And to his credit, when felt he no longer could do the job he retired and let the Canes off the financial hook for a lot of money. He left the program better than when he took the job.

Is being an “upgrade” over Al Golden really saying a lot? Seems a little silly to praise Richt for that.

Advertisement
Richt classes
2016 (Joint Golden/Richt) 22
2017 12
2018 8
2019 27

The 2017 and 2018 classes were good, not great. The 2016 class was decent if you consider the circumstances (Golden recruiting a lot of the class for months, and then nobody really recruiting the class in between Golden’s firing and Richt’s hiring.)

The 2019 class was a disaster and is the only recruiting class of Richt’s you can criticize him much for. Diaz was the coach on the February signing day, but the class was actually looking even worse than 27th at the time Richt stepped down.
But to be fair, you have to include all the transfers that have been brought such as Bolden, Roche, Phillips, King, Williams and Borregales even if they will only be here for 1 or 2 years.

We will be fine for the future, just win and that's all. I AIN'T worried at all. Look AHEAD not the past

If Richt actually hired a good OC and QB coach he could have stayed here longer.
Same could be said for Alf Gluten. Had he turned the reigns over to a competent DC, his tenure would have been vastly different

Advertisement
Most people who come to this site are pretty hard core into recruiting. So not a ton of new info, but it really punches you in the face how bad Richt's classes were (for a variety of reasons).

A lot of TBD for the 2018 class, but even there we already have 35% of the class leave the program.

It doesn't matter what someone is saying about recruiting under coach richt, all the guy did in the 3 short years that he was here was put Miami back in the national spotlight by winning primetime games and a bowl game, along with a coach of the year honor, on-field coastal division champs, ACC championship for starters, until another coach comes along and surpasses what coach richt did, they talking about recruiting, coach richt is the one who upgraded alot of the talent on a national level, actually 4(deejay, garvin, bandy & jock rousseau) of his guys that would be starters playing alot this year left early, brevin is still here, along with some receivers he trusted coach dugan's word on but Ahmon Richards was a top priority for coach richt coming in.

So those who want to pretend coach richt's time here was some type of failure, are being real delusional.

Richt upgraded the talent level and took the blue chip ratio over 50% if I'm correct. Folden took too many risks on kids who were borderline to get in and inflated the class ranking by taking a high number of kids every year. Richt's classes were better top to bottom.

Where he failed was culture. He had it going the first couple of years, but burnt out in his third year here. I think the excitement of coaching at his alma mater wore off and his drive faded fast. Looking at him throughout the 2018 season you could tell something was amiss.

Richt ended up failing but left the program better than he inherited it. He was instrumental in getting the IPF built, gave us a 10 win season, and let the university off the hook by leaving the way he did.

Same could be said for Alf Gluten. Had he turned the reigns over to a competent DC, his tenure would have been vastly different
Crazy thing is I think the Golden would have got rid of Dorito if he had a “normal” start to his tenure

the whole “cloud” thing I think made him bunker down and try and keep “his guys” close and ride the wave

honorable... but truly idiotic as Dorito was one of the worst coaches at the D1 and probably D2 level...

lmao.

Richt saved the program, the offense was his doom and he knew it and got out when it was the right time.

Everything not involving the offensive play calling was absolute gold from richt anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

He recruited VERY well, hired manny as defensive coordinator which was one of the best hires in the country, led us all the way to #2 ranking in the country with a shot at the ACC title and the CFP if it weren't for having absolute trash QB, indoor practice facility, changed the culture of the entire program, got old legends back involved with the program, etc.

don't ever disrespect richt like that again

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back