Natty Thread TCU vs. UGA

Advertisement
Advertisement
the acc isnt much better than b10. its worse actually esp the acc we've been in.

Yeah the ACC sucks.

Although it generally has a recruiting power play up to its recruiting power ranking. Only the last 2 years has seen that not be the case.

But TCU just proved you can make it to the national championship game with mostly 2,3, and a handful of 4 star players.
Not once they expand the playoffs to 12 teams. You won't see pretenders with great records from ****** competition getting to the championship game anymore.

Advertisement
So why not try to be the team on another level?

That would be nice but I don't see that as a viable route. UM isn't going to have a team with 22 5 stars. It can however have a team with 10 or 11 5 stars, and if you pair that with excellent coaching, it's good enough to win championships. If you go all the way back to 2005, the magic number is 7. A few teams have managed to make to a national championship game with fewer (Oregon, Notre Dame, TCU and probably a couple others ) but no team with fewer than 7 had actually won it. And that held true even when there was huge disparity in 5 stars- when Clemson trounced Bama, I believe Bama has 2x as many 5 stars (16 to Clemson's 8).

Attachments

• 78CC8DA0-46DD-481E-8DCB-CDAF800FF3EE.png
    78CC8DA0-46DD-481E-8DCB-CDAF800FF3EE.png
    746.3 KB · Views: 153
That would be nice but I don't see that as a viable route. UM isn't going to have a team with 22 5 stars. It can however have a team with 10 or 11 5 stars, and if you pair that with excellent coaching, it's good enough to win championships. If you go all the way back to 2005, the magic number is 7. A few teams have managed to make to a national championship game with fewer (Oregon, Notre Dame, TCU and probably a couple others ) but no team with fewer than 7 had actually won it. And that held true even when there was huge disparity in 5 stars- when Clemson trounced Bama, I believe Bama has 2x as many 5 stars (16 to Clemson's 8).

Why can't we get that many great players? What is stopping us?

Advertisement
Spermseat just called it. Dominating the line of scrimmage. That’s where top of the line talent starts.

Advertisement
UGA is simply on another level right now. It happens from time to time in cfb, where a team is just a steamroller. Clemson blew out Bama 44-16 a couple years ago and I don't recall anyone saying Bama lacked the talent to compete.
Exception doesn't make the rule. TCU got here through some creative coaching, but they don't have the guys. If you gave my 5 year old the playbook from Tecmo Bowl and this Georgia team he would beat TCU by double digits.

Yup and can we agree UGA is not lacking in the coaching department. Dude always has this team read to go..this is being done with a walk-on QB..and if I’m not mistaken 84 was a low/mid 3star
McConkey was unranked, was suppose to sign with Chattanooga. UGA offered him 2 weeks before NSD.

Advertisement
Back