Nation's #1 TE Delp intrigued by UM tight end tradition

View as article
To me these are always toss ups with TEs.....u can get some no name like Njoku and turn them into monsters. These under the radar TEs always come out of no where. And when your mad u lose out on the Issac Nautas those dudes end up being maxed out going into college and are not even that impressive when they play with guys there size and speed. JMO on that position.

Advertisement
To me these are always toss ups with TEs.....u can get some no name like Njoku and turn them into monsters. These under the radar TEs always come out of no where. And when your mad u lose out on the Issac Nautas those dudes end up being maxed out going into college and are not even that impressive when they play with guys there size and speed. JMO on that position.
Chase traits not rankings, especially at TE.

True but then there are players like Jordan and Gilbert (so far) who are highly rated and are are really good nfl prospects

I feel like more than most positions TE really matters where you go to college and the system they run. It's no wonder why most of the top players come from the same colleges (Miami, iowa, asu, nd) and why there are so many busts from the same school (UGA)

Advertisement
Where did you see this? Saw Kaden Helms Toured campus yesterday too on 247 but hadn’t seen this about Delp
I meant Kaden Helms, sorry if I posted it in wrong thread. Did search for him and this one came up

Chase traits not rankings, especially at TE.

B. Jordan was the #1 ranked TE. Pitts was the #4 or #5 ranked TE. Pitts had a considerably better SPARQ score (108.24 to 97.26). Physically, Pitts was at a different level (6'6" 240 compared to 6"3 250). Jordan was a great teammate and certainly not a bust, but I think Richt wanted him more because he was viewed as a traditional TE (and my guess is the rankings also view TEs who can block more favorably). Pitts was basically a huge WR who lined up at TE. In the Lashlee offense that would be lethal, but in Richts pro-style O it would be a liability. We can finally look at the latter types of TEs now with the spread O.

I believe the only highly rated UM TE that didn’t go on to have a solid NFL career is Farr. Ortega came in as a QB. It’s as close as it gets to a winning lottery ticket to be a highly rated UM TE.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back