National Seed

shoeless

Retired staff
Premium
Kendall Rogers of Perfect Game just was on ESPNU during the Wake-NC State game and he gave his top 8 national seeds for this week. Our Canes came in as his 7th seed with Ole Miss #8. The ESPN college baseball Jeremy Mills (I think is his name) has Vandy as one of the last national seeds instead of us. Kendall stated that had we not played FSU in that out of conference series that we would be ahead of them for the national seed, but since they beat us 2 out of 3 (in freakin Feb/March!!!!!!) that as of now FSU probably has the advantage. Sucks since Collins was hitting like .098 and all our freshmen weren't adapted to collegiate baseball yet. Oh well, lets sweep UNC and get a top 8 anyway.

Advertisement
I can't complain about FSU being ahead of us, 2 of 3 is what it is. Having said that I have hard time naming five teams that are playing better right now.

If we finish the regular season first in the ACC (very hard, as WF will throw 3 games to UVA next weekend, and UNC will play us like their families are held hostage), it would be a crime against humanity to shun us.

Seems like they have a few favorites that they keep in the National Seed picture no matter what. (Houston, Indiana, Florida, Ol Miss, etc).

The tragedy is how disasterous throwing the GT and UVA series were. At the time, it didn't seem like tanking games 2 and 3 against them really were gonna matter. Had we closed out big leagues in 2 of those four game 2s and 3s, we'd be at l9ike 3 or 4 and a lock right now.

Really, it matters little. They are gonna send us 3 streaking and hard riding teams to our regional, and match us against the most dangerous foe they can in the Supers (remember ASU for a super regional when we were the overall number 1? They put us against a team with TWO 105 mph pitchers, who could beat any baseball team on the planet, MLB included, in a 3 game series).

You KNOW FSU and the Gaytas will get 3 zombie teams in the regionals, and will play "clownl" teams in the supers (probably from up North).

If we end up a National 7th or 8th seed, I'd HATE to see who they send our way, no matter what.

We might be better off on the road for the Super. We play great on the road, and they might not want to put us against a "favored" program for fear we beat them.

:)

That year you are talking is when they sent Arizona to us for Supers. They had Schlereth and Berry or whoever which was like the greatest bullpen ever. And actually our regional that year was Ole Miss and Missouri. Do a little research on who the future first round pitchers were on those teams. Ugh!

Advertisement
That year you are talking is when they sent Arizona to us for Supers. They had Schlereth and Berry or whoever which was like the greatest bullpen ever. And actually our regional that year was Ole Miss and Missouri. Do a little research on who the future first round pitchers were on those teams. Ugh!

I remember the ridiculousness of that 'Zona pen. Nasty stuff.

That Missouri team has Aaron Crow and Kyle Gibson- both 1st round draft picks. Ole Miss had Lance Lynn- 1st round draft pick, Scott Bittle-2nd round pick, and then 4th round pick, Satterwhite- 2nd round pick, and also a young Drew Pomeranz- 1st round pick. And these are only the pitchers in this one regional! I'm sorry for the rant and I know we won but that regional still ****es me off. FSU that year got UF, Tulane, and Bucknell (who beat them in game 1).

Advertisement
I honestly think that since we are so dangerous, it might help us in the long run for seedings. They ain't gonna put anyone they want to see in the CWS against us, methinks.

Advertisement
Back