Names at CB going forward

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would put this failure on Banda, Diaz and Rumph. Diaz gets the most imo

Fair enough, you are probably right.

Don't understand what the point of Mike Rumph on this staff...He is an OK coach I guess, maybe even good. Certainly not spectacular. But if you are a defensive back coach in the middle of the DB capital of the world...You just have to be a decent recruiter to get your fair share. If you are so bad you are forcing kids away, and on top of it you have no semblance on how to manage back up plans and develop a board (and even if this Diaz's job in this regime, it shouldn't be), and keep recruiting kids throughout the season...What in the living **** do you have a job for?

The Miami Hurricanes can't get a SoFla corner? Just fire the coach...It should be like clubbing seals

**** some of us would ease up on Rumph if he at least had a plan, would land some high plan B...But there is literally no corners committed right now as it seems Curtis is rightfully headed to wide receiver.

Mcburrows
Hallman
Russell
Burns
Knowles
D.Hill

Outside Tri-County
Brantley
Sistrunk
Cooper
Edwards
Biglow

History tells us 1-3 of these kids will play in the NFL...Pick a couple and full court 'em...And I haven't even gone north of Tampa yet

Don't understand what the point of Mike Rumph on this staff...He is an OK coach I guess, maybe even good. Certainly not spectacular. But if you are a defensive back coach in the middle of the DB capital of the world...You just have to be a decent recruiter to get your fair share. If you are so bad you are forcing kids away, and on top of it you have no semblance on how to manage back up plans and develop a board (and even if this Diaz's job in this regime, it shouldn't be), and keep recruiting kids throughout the season...What in the living **** do you have a job for?

The Miami Hurricanes can't get a SoFla corner? Just fire the coach...It should be like clubbing seals

**** some of us would ease up on Rumph if he at least had a plan, would land some high plan B...But there is literally no corners committed right now as it seems Curtis is rightfully headed to wide receiver.

Mcburrows
Hallman
Russell
Burns
Knowles
D.Hill

Outside Tri-County
Brantley
Sistrunk
Cooper
Edwards
Biglow

History tells us 1-3 of these kids will play in the NFL...Pick a couple and full court 'em...And I haven't even gone north of Tampa yet
Apparently Rumph can't recruit who he wants and has to get approval

Get a new CB coach from another school and it opens the board to guys he was already recruiting. That’s what we need at this point

I haven't watched Senior stuff...Clark looked kinda raw and a safety when I saw his tape last winter. I'm not convinced Chesnut isn't a RB or S, but I think he's good enough to take/offer at this point...Try him at corner first. Like Brantley and the Atlanta kid better on tape, but Chesnut can play.

Advertisement

Mcburrows
Hallman
Russell
Burns
Knowles
D.Hill

Outside Tri-County
Brantley
Sistrunk
Cooper
Edwards
Biglow

Agree. I'd rather go to an in state kid with plenty of film/references than a 3 star OOS kid who we are late on. Trusting this staff's ability to evaluate CB in state much less OOS is concerning.

As for Rump, let's be real, most staff's CB position coach is typically a great recruiter. So, CB coach needs to be a good recruiter and a good coach. Has he done either?

Advertisement
Apparently Rumph can't recruit who he wants and has to get approval
This would seemingly make sense if we read between the lines of what we've seen for defensive recruiting since Manny got here 2016. Manny seems to be micromanaging the db recruiting thru banda & to make it worse they're so picky about which corners they even offer that it puts us in a disadvantage. This defensive staff needs to be purged with a complete upheaval of recruiting philosophy if we're gonna succeed and compete against the elites.

Assuming Ivins is getting his information on delay now with his sources being gone, we better have someone pop at CB soon. Optics look like crap right now. and NSD is a month away, and we're in the middle of a dead period. Running out of time here, especially when I expect plenty of kids will sign early this year to lock in spots.

Other thing, idk how to feel about LCE, Cribby etc. being radio silent. I know some of our more plugged in posters have hinted this will all make sense soon, but again. Optics not great, at least for the moment.

Advertisement
I think that it is funny that some porsters have concluded that these "new names" are just random names that Miami coaches identified...and not guys who have contacted Miami directly about their interest...

Because, you know, cornerback recruits in ALL FIFTY STATES have read CIS and know that Rumph has a "toxic personality" and they are not willing to go to a Top 10 school with a wide-open depth chart.

Because, you know, Rumph.

Advertisement
Back