Names at CB going forward

Advertisement
Advertisement
You didn't hear what happened?

I got bit a timber rattler...The timber rattler died.
My man!

1D38E017-69BC-460C-AA51-387D831A96A3.gif

Advertisement
Why haven't we BEEN offering corners

Rumph is totally in over his head.
Rumph recruits CBs like Donofrio recruited DTs.

the risk versus reward of dropping a MNW kid that wants to be a Cane, at a position that we desperately need bodies, let alone top tier talent, in hopes of landing an out of state kid or transfer, this late in the cycle, that can’t visit due to covid is idiotic. The chances of this blowing up in UMs face versus Rumph hitting 2 to 3 homer runs (what we truly need at the position) is 1,000,000 to 1

the risk versus reward of dropping a MNW kid that wants to be a Cane, at a position that we desperately need bodies, let alone top tier talent, in hopes of landing an out of state kid or transfer, this late in the cycle, that can’t visit due to covid is idiotic. The chances of this blowing up in UMs face versus Rumph hitting 2 to 3 homer runs (what we truly need at the position) is 1,000,000 to 1
Doesn’t the boss have to approve this? Why is manny getting a pass

Ivins said the Canes could offer a CB or Two in the coming days. The Biggest new name is Pitt Com

Amen...I mean if you wanna cut ties, do it in late spring, early summer.

Advertisement
Amen...I mean if you wanna cut ties, do it in late spring, early summer.
Yeah, no sense now. To elaborate to the newbies, this move was made on multiple levels, with Manny authorizing. The number of off-field staff does a lot of the boots on the ground recruiting and scouting.

it still blows my mind that even with the Telly Lockette and other support staff hires we are sucking so badly at recruiting CBs in south Florida.... I never thought I’d see the day

With the dead period extended and kids unable to take OV’s it’s nuts to be relying on out of state kids.

On the other hand, maybe Miami is in a stronger position with south Florida kids.

Advertisement
Thank god you posted this, because I definitely did NOT get enough information from the other 9 threads on this topic.........

We were pushing for Duce Chestnut 5'11 180 out of Camden during the summer, he eventually committed to Syracuse and never got a chance to visit due to Covid. But there is also Alijah Clark 6'2 180, who had us in his top 5, also from Camden who had an offer from us but is committed to Rutgers. Both are borderline 4-star recruits at .885 composite scores. Syracuse is what it is and Rutgers is going to take a lot to get back even with Schiano. I think talking to them about both playing together could be a very intriguing scenario.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back